Gunshots

I hid under my desk, hugging my knees.

"Listen (y/n) I-"

"Zack there is a shooter in the building" I said quickly. He slid next to me and hugged his knees as well.

"I'm sorry" he said. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I love you and I thought of you every moment while I was in Iraq."

"Zack I love you too but there is a shooter in the building and I am freaking out" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

He reached his hand down to my own and laced his fingers with mine.

"It's going to be ok" he whispered. I leaned my head on his shoulders and he wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his shoulder. I couldn't believe he was back.

We suddenly heard the door to my office bust open. The shooter must have broken the lock.

"Dr. (Y/n)? Are you here?" The voice of the shooter sounded familiar. "It's me. Tony. I have to say it's been a long. Long time."

I covered my mouth in surprise, being as quiet as possible. I recognized his voice. Tony. An ex-boyfriend from high school. How does he even still know me

"I've been keeping up with you. Facebook. Tv. Everything. I even know about your little boyfriend Zack. You know I can do so much better than him right?"

I looked over at Zack, who wore a sad. Face. I placed my hand on his arm in reassurance. Zack really was the best boyfriend ever. Even after he faked his death.

We suddenly heard gunshots ring out, and the sound of a body hit the floor. We heard footsteps run into my office and there stood Hodgins with a gun.

"You guys ok?" He asked. He helped us up and I hugged him.

"Thank you Hodgins" I pulled away and to my surprise Zack quickly hugged him too.

"Ok. We've got to take this body. You two stay here. We will go over the case later. Just have some rest." Hodgins said, walking out of the office.

I was taken aback by Zack suddenly hugging me. To my surprise he was crying. "I love you so much" he said. I hugged him back and cried too. "I love you too"

"Zack there is something I need to tell you"

I was interrupted by everyone walking in to carry out the body.

"What is it?" He questioned.

"I'm pregnant"