Surprise?

I walked into work, swiping me key card into the machine walking up the platform. "Hello (Y/N)" Brennan said, examining remains. "Good morning Dr. Brennan." I said putting gloves on. I looked down at the decaying body on the table, suddenly feeling sick. I gripped my stomach and turned around, seeing Hodgins and Angela walking up the platform. "Is everything ok (Y/N)?" Hodgins said with a concerned tone. Before I could respond my body convulsed, and Angela ran to get a garbage can. She put it in front of me right on time, because before I could stop it I threw up.

I felt someone place their hand on my back, and my mind flashed back to once before I was dating Zack when I threw up while Zack was staying for dinner. I had gotten food poisoning and Zack stayed the night to comfort me, sleeping in the living room. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, as I felt my heart hurt.

"(Y/N) are you okay?" Hodgins said patting my back. "It's- the- the smell of the body kind of surprised me" I said, lying. "Oh okay" Brennan said. "Angela take (Y/N) with you to help you with the face" I nodded along with Angela as I picked up the skull and made my way with Angela to her office.

We walked in and I set the skull down to where they would be cleaned and turned to Angela. "Ang. I need help" she looked up from her files. "What's wrong honey?" I felt a tear slip down my face. "I know I miss him too." She stood up and walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me. I placed my hands on her back. "I'm late" I whispered in her ear. She whipped her head back and looked me in the face. "Oh my god"

"Angela please don't tell anyone else" she placed her hand on her forehead thinking. "So that's why you threw up..." "I haven't gotten the courage to buy a test" I said. She looked back at me. "I'll go buy you one honey you just work on facial reconstruction I'll be right back" she walked out of the office, grabbing her coat and purse. I sighed deeply. The last time Zack and I had sex was Christmas Eve, and it was early January. God I hope he's safe.

---later---
"I'm back" Angela said walking into her office. "I finished the facial reconstruction" I said looked at the monitor. "I don't care about that right now honey. Time to pee on a stick" she said holding up the test. "Lets go" we walked to the bathroom.

-after-
I sat on the bathroom floor with Angela, no one else with us. "How long did he say he would be gone" she said. "12 Months. A year. Ugh I want him home" I looked at her and then at the sink which was above eye level of us. "Do you think you will be able to handle a year without him. Having a baby?" She said looking at me. "I'm not sure" I stood up. "Let me see first" Angela said walking towards the test. "Ok" I breathed in, let it out slowly and closed my eyes. "Honey...." I heard Angela's voice waver. "What is it" I said.

I opened my eyes and saw 2 lines on the test. "I'm pregnant" I whispered. "I'm pregnant" I repeated. A smile formed on my face. "Oh my god" I laughed. I looked at Angela's face and she was also smiling, eyes watering. "I'm going to have a baby!" She hugged me tightly and I felt my heart pound.

We made our way back to the lab, a bright smile on my face. "Guys!" Angela yelled. I saw Hodgins poke his head out of his lab and walk to us. "What's up?" He said. I smiled brightly. "Get everyone else" he nodded and walked off to find the others. We walked up to the lounge area and saw Booth and Brennan making their way up the stairs. Lance followed behind along with Hodgins. "What's going on" booth said, agitated. He made his way to us and sat down.

"So I have a surprise" I said, smiling.

I was quiet for a minute and then shouted.

"I'm pregnant!"

Everyone's eyes went wide and Lance shot up, hugging me. "I'm gunna be an Uncle!" He said. He let go of me and everyone else hugged me. "I have to call Zack!" I said.

Ang got me the phone but as she handed me it? My phone rang. I answered it hesitantly.

"Dr. (Y/n) (l/n) speaking" I said.

"Hi Ms. (l/n). You were written down as the emergency contact for Dr Zachary Addy is that correct?" A man in the other end of the phone said.

"Yes that is correct." I said with a worried tone. What is going on.

"I'm very sorry to inform you Ms. (l/n) but Dr Addy has been killed"

A/n I told you not to trust me painfulfandoms
Again. Spam my messages if you want to yell at me.

I'm sorry.