I can do this

I sat alone in my office, staring blankly at the wall, the soft music of Hey Jude playing from my small desk radio.

How could this have happened. They never even told me what happened. They just said he died at the hand of a serial killer while in the hospitals. I still was shaking. He's gone. I opened my hand and looked at a stone. The opal stone. I squeezed it tightly.

I heard footsteps behind me and I turned to see Hodgins. His eyes were red.

"Hey uh (nickname) maybe I could... ya know... sit in here with you. Talk" I nodded. I saw the pain in his eyes. Hodgins was Zacks best friend.

"You know when I found out Zack was leaving I joked around about how I would be happy to have the house to myself for once" he said, sitting in a chair across my desk. I stayed emotionless. Hodgins fidgeted, restlessly.

"Uh what are you listening to" he asked. For the first time, I spoke.

"It's Hey Jude. By the Beatles." I said, voice hoarse.

"It was our song" a tear slipped down my face.

"Listen. It's been a week. You need to get up. The funeral is today" he said standing. He wore a black tux. I stood too.

"I know" I stood as well. I knew today was the funeral. I wore a small black dress, something I wore to a party once. Zack had complimented on how beautiful it was.

"Let's go" he said. He linked his elbow with mine and we slowly walked out of the Jeffersonian.

--at the funeral--
"Today we mark the memory of Doctor Zachary Addy. He was well known with his coworkers, as there he met his best friends and his girlfriend." The man said. Around me sat Cam, Ang, Booth, Hodgins, Lance, and Zacks family, along with multiple other workers from the Jeffersonian.

"Now we will hear speeches" he said. Hodgins stood up and walked to the front. Angela took my hand, squeezing it tightly. I felt hot tears drop down my face.

"Hi I'm Dr Jack Hodgins. I was one of Zacks coworkers, best friend, and roommate. Zack was a great guy. He was always there for you, blunt and proud. He didn't always know what to say and it's true that he wasn't the most social guy but he was my best friend." A year slid down his face. "I loved him you know? He was like a brother to me" he looked down and wiped away his tears.

He stepped off and I stood. "I can do this" I whispered to myself. "I can do this"

I stood on the platform and took the microphone in hand. "Uh hi. I'm dr. (Y/n) (l/n). I am- was Zacks girlfriend."

"When I first met Zack he trapped us in lab over Christmas. He caught me singing bohemian rhapsody that night. We talked hours on end about life and our jobs. Where we were from and where we wanted to go in life. I have him Opal stones as a Christmas gift and he gave me a Beatles album. I listen to that album every night. He could calm my stress. Many sleepless nights were calmed by him. He knew how to hold me and comfort me. Before I met Zack I had never really had someone that understands me. I guess that was mutual for him. He was the most amazing man I knew"

"When we were kidnapped and buried alive together she confessed his feelings towards me as I pretended to take a nap. After we were rescued he kissed me. I've always loved Zack. He was the love of my life" I paused

"He is the father of my child" I said. By this time I had already told everyone about my pregnancy.

"And goddamnit I miss him" I broke down into tears and sobbed.

My crying was cut off by a pound bang in the back of the room as the door flung wide open.

"What the hell is going on here"

A/n- AHHHHHHHHHHHH