The end

I woke up from my "nap" a few minutes after Zack "confessed" his feelings for me. I still couldn't believe he shared my feelings. I never thought he would feel the same.

I sat in the front drivers seat, looking at all of the objects we had in the vehicle. A broken cell phone, 2 flashlights, some snacks, 2 water bottles, and a book. I picked up the book and looked at my watch and saw we had 2 hours left.

I looked through the book, and decided it wasn't worth wasting my time with. I looked over at Zack, and he looked lost in thought. He must had been thinking of something important because it took me a couple tries to snap him out of his trance. "Zack!" On the third attempt he looked over at me.

"Oh. Hey. I was just thinking about some stuff." "What were you thinking about" I questioned. He looked down. "I was wondering if the guys at the lab are going to pay the ransom." I looked at him puzzled. "How do you know it was to the guys at the lab?" He looked into my eyes for a second and then turned his head to face the front of the car.

"Because of how close we are to them." I nodded and made my way to the backseat. "Zack can you come back here with me?" He looked at me confused but then made his way to me. He sat next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He stiffened but relaxed quickly. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. "If there is anyone I'd want to be in this situation with I'm glad it's with you" I said. "I concur" he responded.

My mind flashed back to when we had gotten stuck in the Jeffersonian together ok Christmas. Ever since then "I concur" had become an inside joke and whenever he said it he would giggle and his eyes would squint. I looked at him and heard that same giggle once again. It made me happy.

I lay my head on his shoulder again and closed my eyes again. I felt his hand venture onto my leg and reach for my hand which we took in his own. He entangled our hands together and sighed. I know how much courage it takes for Zack to even make physical contact with someone, so this must had been extremely hard for him to do. My heartbeat quickened and I felt "butterflies" in my stomach. This is the best way to spend my last few hours.

--------------time skip-----------------

I looked down at my watch. Less than half an hour left. For the past hour Zack and I had discussed life itself and spoke the truth about our lives and our regrets. The only thing I did not mention was my regret of not realizing my love for Zack earlier. Now we sat there in silence. I heart his breathing shallow, along with mine. Air supply was short and we didn't know if we would make it out in time.

The time ticked away and I looked at my watch again. 5 minutes. I was having extreme difficulty breathing and saw the pain on zacks face as well. I looked into his eyes and saw tears, but I only realized I had tears in my own eyes when he reached his hand to my cheek to wipe them away. I took his hand that was placed on my cheek in my own hand and leaned toward him.

I hugged him. He hugged back. We held onto each other as if it was the last moment we would ever spend together. And in reality, our reality, the option of that happening was 100% possible.

I closed my eyes and felt the oxygen of the car disappear. As I took my last breathe I felt a kiss being placed on my forehead. We had broken open the tires for extra air an hour ago and now had nothing else. It was the end.

Or so we thought