Im not a good jumper

Howard Epps had escaped. He set a man on fire and escaped his prison cell. Cam was in the hospital, dying. Epps killed his wife. Epps is after all of us. He tried to kidnap Parker. Sent Angela a heart. The real kind. Hodgins, Zack, and I didn't know what to do.

Right now we were told to stay in the Jeffersonian at all times for maximum security. We were tasked with solving the riddles Epps gave us and examining Epps wife's head.

"If I put a small sample into the photoelectric aerosol sensor, then I'll both lose the sample and not get an accurate response" Hodgins said, removing a fragment from the decapitated head. "I estimate that there is a one-ten-thousandth of a gram on this shard" I said, observing the monitor. Hodgins groaned. "We aren't getting enough" he said. Zack looked at my disappointed face and put his arm on my shoulder, squeezing it. "Not to mention the particles themselves are extremely small, about 1.6 micrometers in diameter."

Booth stormed in "Hey, what's the poison?" He said. Hodgins shook his head anxiously. "I don't know yet" "well what do you know" booth said. "It's none of the common poisons like Arsenic, cyanide, or mercuric chloride" I said. Booth looked at me. "Let's start by telling the hospital what it isn't then" he said. "What was in Caroline Epps hair?" He asked me. "The white powder? It's common plaster dust" I answered. I found find that I was quite scared of booth. Zack was too. "There was also a very small amount of sodium hydrosulphide in her ear" Zack said. "Great put those things together what do we have" Booth said agitated.

"Uh drywalling and uhh-" Hodgins was cut off by Zack "leathered goods?" Booth hit his shoulder. "Great. I'll check the evidence see if I can find those two things" he said, and made his way quickly out of our lab area. "Uh Booth" Hodgins said. "I'm sorry man. It's just without more material it's just" he trailed off. "No it's fine you're doing a great job" booth said. "No its up to me to find Caroline Epps body"

Booth made his way out of the room again but again, didn't make his way out fully. "Booth?" Zack said. Booth groaned. "What"

"We've endowed Epps with intelligence he does not have. His clues are unsophisticated word games." Zack continued. "Yea? So?" Booth said. I butt in. "Uh hey my name is Parker ask me how I can solve this case"

"I already asked Parker he doesn't know anything" booth said. I could tell he wasn't happy with Zack. "It doesn't have to be your son. It could be something else named Parker or something to do with leather goods and drywall. Do a Boolean search" Zack said. He could see the annoyance on booths face clearly. "Okay right you don't know what that is" Zack said. He walked over to booth to try and intimidate him. "Boolean is..." booth stood up and scared Zack. "I won't explain I'll just do it" Zack said quickly sitting in his chair.

Booth looked at all of us. "I am walking out of here. You try and stop me again, I will shoot all three of you" he said. He left quickly leaving me with a shocked face. Booth is crazy. Zack searched on the Boolean and turned to me. "Mmmmmmmm" and made a face. "What" Hodgins and I said in synch. "I really need him to come back"

"BOOTH!" Hodgins yelled. "Whatever you got, better be worth dying for." Booth slowly walked back in and I looked at him nervously. Hodgins pointed to the computer screen. "Uh there's a Parker & Parker Leather goods owned by the Parker brothers on Parker street in the town of Parker just outside of Arlington" Zack said. "That's a lot of parkers" I sighed. "Yea ok let's go" booth said, grabbing Zacks tie. "Grab your boss and girlfriend and let's get going. Come on"

Before Zack was pulled away his hand found mine and I was dragged out of the lab with them.

I had a feeling this wasn't going to end well.

--------at the Parker place---------
The FBI broke down the door and we walked into the room, Brennan behind Booth, Zack behind Brennan and I behind Zack. "Clear!" They shouted. There we saw, lying on the table, the rest of Caroline Epps body. A bag of white substance laying on her stomach. I immediately knew that it was the poison that was currently killing Cam.

Brennan started walking towards the body but Booth stopped her. "Uh uh uh hey, I mean come on knowing Epps how do we know that's Carolines body?" Booth said unsure. "If it isn't there will still be a clue" Brennan said. "Okay let me do this all right?" Booth stepped forward and shone his flashlight on the body. "Jam all frequencies" booth said into his talkie. I looked at Zack confused. He shrugged and we looked back at the body. "If he's got a remote detonator it ain't gunna work now" booth continued. "No tripwires"

"There it is. On her stomach." Brennan said. "The poison just like Epps said."  I walked towards the poison off to grab it. "No (Y/N)!" Booth yelled. I heard a beeping and spun my head around looking at all of them. "No. don't hesitate. Put your palm on the stomach and press down" I did as he said quickly. "That was a pressure trigger" I picked up the poison and handed it to booth, keeping my left hand firm on the stomach. "The body is booby trapped everyone out!" He yelled. "Roger that everyone go" one of the other FBI people said.

"What do I do" I said nervously. I looked at Zack and saw his scared face. "Don't be scared" booth said. "Im-I'm not scared I-I just need to know what to do" as I spoke Booth started pushing Zack and Brennan out. Before booth could, Zack walked over to me quickly and placed a quick kiss on my forehead.

Tears started to blur my vision but I did not let booth know. Zack and Brennan left and it was just Booth and I. Booth flipped over a table and came over to me. He looked at me and sighed. "(Y/N), uh...this, uh..." I placed my right hand on top of my left. I felt him place his hand at he base of my neck. "This is gunna hurt" he said as he placed his hand on top of both of mine firmly. "You or me" I breathed.

"Mostly you." I started to breathe heavily "Okay, on three I want you to jump back as high as you can" "I'm not a good jumper booth" I replied, voice shaking. "Ok be a good counter then" "I-I'm a good counter" "ready?" He said. No "yes" I lied.

"On three" I said. "One" we spoke in unison. "Two" he wrapped his left arm around my waist "Three!" He yelled. As we jumped back from the body he wrapped his other arm around the front of my body and pulled me back. I heard a large explosion, saw a bright light and felt fire.