Chapter 1

(Macie's POV)

I sighed. Another long day in the hellhole that others called school. One more F on my math test, dragging my grade down another letter to a low D. I ran my hands through my highlighted bangs which rested on my forehead. Leaving my shoes at the door to my family's apartment, I carried my bag straight upstairs to my room. I lived in the attic of my aunt and uncle's with my younger brother, Steven. Our parents were both in those top secret government jobs so we barely got to see them. So we spent most of our time with dear old Aunt Sue and Uncle George. They were nice to us, but it was weird not living with the usual "Mom and Dad." Upon passing Steven's room as I made my way to the attic stairs, I poked my head in to see him working on his homework, he looked like he was working hard so I took it in my best interest not to disturb him. I continued on to the spiral staircase that lead to my loft bedroom. As I stepped through the doorway, I threw my bag onto the ground. I grabbed my laptop as I walked past my dresser and climbed into bed. I opened my browser and went straight to twitter. Homework could wait, besides it's not like I could understand it anyway.

Within seconds my timeline was before me. I scrolled through the numerous tweets trying to catch up on everything I had missed with my two favorite bands, One Direction and 5SOS. After concluding today hadn't been very busy in the drama department, I decided to tweet my friend, Alex. Alex was from Australia and I constantly gushed about how jealous I was that she got to live in the same country as 5SOS. She always retorted that it didn't make a difference since she'd never met them, but I never backed down. It was 3pm here, which meant it was around 6 or 7am there, I still didn't get the time zone thing, but regardless, soon it wouldn't matter because she was going to visit her grandma in England. Maybe she isn't on, I thought to myself, but I figured sending her something to wake up to would be better than nothing. And so I decided to type out a cute little message. She'd woken up an hour later and finally responded.

We talked for the rest of my evening mostly about the upcomming 5sos shows in London. They were still in Austrailia for now, but soon would be flying up. I told her, she should try to find them at the airport but she laughed at me and said she wouldn't get anywhere near them even if she tried. 

But why not try?

Because I know I won't be able to see them.

You don't KNOW that.

Yes I do. Look I'm not gonna stalk them okay?

Ugh fine, but you're totally wasting a perfectly good chance at meeting them. 

Not gonna happen.

I sighed. It went on like this a few more minutes until she announced that she had arrived at school and had to get off her phone. We said our good byes and I went off to bed. 

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ears. Finally a Friday, I could stay up all night and talk with Alex and not have to worry about school the next day. Time zones made our friendship really difficult, if that wasn't obvious. Anyway, I grabbed my phone upon heading to the bathroom to do my hair and brush my teeth. Alex should've been well on her way up to the UK, so I figured she wouldn't have internet until later. I tweeted her a "when you get this hope you had a safe flight" tweet and went down for breakfast. 

I checked my phone at school around lunch time to see that Alex had tweeted me back. She had also sent me a kik picture message of the airport with the caption, "I spy with my little eye...." I squinted to see what she was refering to when my heart stopped. In the right corner of the room sat Luke and Ashton. 

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???" I typed out. "DID YOU GO UP TO THEM??? DID YOU GET PICTURES. OMFG ALEX A L E X AAALLLLEEEXXXX TELL ME." 

Soon the familiar "Alex is typing..." appeared on my screen. I eagerly awaited a picture of her smiling with the boys. Come to think of it, I had only seen a few pictures of her and none of them really ever showed her height. Why was I thinking about this? Well, I don't know, internet friends are weird. They could be really tall and you could've thought they barely hit five feet. Maybe she was a head shorter than Luke, I'd sure know after seeing a picture to scale. 

No I didn't. I have to go. Bye. 

Oh. Well that certainly hadn't been the answer I had expected. I locked my phone and threw it on my bed, slightly annoyed at how little she was caring about this, especially based on how we acted together. 

"Well fine, if you wanna be like that," I said to no one, as I walked out of my room.