Chapter 10

*MACIE'S POV*

I woke up to my phone's notification noise going off like crazy. I looked at it so see millions of check in messages from Aly. She seemed worried, I looked at the time, it was 10:30 am. I sighed and put my head back onto my pillow. Two seconds later my eyes sprung open. It was Monday and almost 11 and I was still in bed. I threw off my blankets and scampered out of bed and down the hallway taking the stairs two at a time. I found Sue in the kitchen. 

"Why didn't you wake me up?? I'm three hours late for school!" I yelled as she sipped her coffee.

"Weelllll, I figured you had a rough day yesterday and could use the sleep," she said matter of factly.

"But I can't miss school! I've got colleges looking at me, I can't mess up my grades, I can't miss any reviews or assignments, or, or, or-"

She put her hand up to stop me, "Macie, listen to yourself. You needed those extra hours," she choked on her coffee, "Oh excuse me," she blushed, "Anyway, if it really means that much to you, go get ready and I'll drive you in now since the student parking lot is locked."

"Thank you," I said grabbing the extra cup of coffee and walking back up to my room. I put my hair up in a messy bun and walked into my closet grabbing leggings and an oversized sweatshirt. With New York's crazy November weather, today decided to be quite chilly. As I shrugged the gray hoodie over my head, my kik messenger noise went off. My heart flipped and I ran over to check it. 

To Macie:

Good morning. Hope you slept well. How're you doing today?

To Calum (holy fuck):

Hey Cal, im not too bad. I just slept in three extra hours tho so im running late ugh 

To Macie:

oooh school sounds fun ;)

To Calum (holy fuck):

Well not all of us have the musical talent to drop out of school and join a band with our best friends.

To Macie:

oh yeah forgot bout that. well in any case, good luck... i'll talk to you later when you're released from prison?

To Calum (holy fuck):

Sounds like a plan, skype date later?

I was stepping out on a ledge with that and my sudden boldness surprised me, but I already had sent it so there was no going back. 

To Macie:

see you there. cant wait x

The butterflies in my stomach still weren't at rest. I figured that if they were going to be a normal thing I should name them. What the fuck are you smoking, I thought to myself, laughing at my random outburst. By the time I had shimmied into my leggings, Aunt Sue had started the car and was waiting in the foyer with my book bag. 

"Thank you," I said accepting it and the thermos of even more coffee she was holding out to me. 

"Anytime sweetheart."

We got into the car and turned on the radio, Ke$ha blasting through the speakers and drove off to school. She dropped me off and I signed in with the usual crowd of late goers. I felt out of place signing in next to all of these slackers, but I kept quiet and didn't really look at anyone. I walked into class about half way through the period and sat down. What felt like 30 minutes later, I looked at the clock to see that only five minutes had passed. I leaned on my crossed arms in front of me. This would be a long day.