Chapter 23

A/N: THIS IS REALLY CUTE I WARN YOU NOW

*MACIE'S POV*

I opened the closet a pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans and a red and brown aztec print sweater. I pulled the clothing on and turned to face my mirror. I applied a light layer of make up, barely noticable and tied my hair into a side braid. I topped off the outfit with a black beanie and my black combat style boots. I looked into the mirror one last time before heading out of my room and into the hallway. I raced down the stairs into a quite kitchen. That was a first. For the past few weeks, the house had been loud almost every minute of the day and the silence surprised me. Cautiously, I walked toward the basement and yelled down the stairs.

"Guys?! Is anyone down there?"

There was no reply and that was when I remembered that the boys had taken Steven out to the video game store. Aunt Sue and Uncle George must've gone with them or out on their own. I shrugged and walked back into the kitchen. Suddenly it hit me that Calum was still here, how I had forgotten blew my mind.

"Calum? You there?" I called out into the emtpy house. 

No reply.

"Cal? Where are you?" I heard shuffling down the hall, but when I ran down there was no one there. I let out a sigh and continued looking in random closets and rooms. "Maybe he went out to the car," I said to myself. Making my way over to the front door, I looked through the front windows to see if he was out there. The car sat, still off, at the front of the driveway. My shoulders slumped and my brow furrowed. As I craned my neck to look even further onto the driveway, I felt arms wrap around my waist. For the fraction of a second, my heart stopped, but then a familiar voice whispered into my ear.

"You summoned me," he laughed, his voice raspy.

"Why are you whispering," I giggled, turning around so that I faced him. 

"I wanted to freak you out," he winked, "and judging by how I can feel your heart racing, I think I succeeded."

I rolled my eyes and tried to push away from him but his grip tightened on me. I swatted at his shoulder and pouted but he simply laughed at my futile attempts to get away. 

"Let me go," I whined.

"What's the rush? We have the whole day to ourselves. Besides our only reservation isn't until 6:15."

I looked at him confused, "Reservation?" I turned my head to the side, "What reservation?"

He bit his lip and ducked his head, "You'll just have to wait and see!" He laughed and ran away. Of all the times to let me go.

"Calum!" I squealed, "Cal wait?! What are you talking about?" I ran behind him, following him towards the kitchen. Suddenly he stopped short and I ran into him. 

"I told you," he said, as I recovered from my collision with his back, "you'll just have to wait and see." I held his gaze for a few minutes glaring into his eyes. He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows and I pouted once more. I sighed and grabbed my keys with my left hand and his hand with my right. I led him out to the car, blushing when he opened the driver's side door for me and got into the car. 

"Okay so where to," I asked once we were both seated comfortably, the heat barely blowing around. It had recently gotten significantly colder, the winter months coming in, Christmas getting closer. 

"Um, wherever you want to go," he said shrugging. 

"Oh I see, you've got the evening planned out but nothing all day. What a date this is," I teased.