Chapter 17

*MACIE'S POV*

I told him the whole story. Everything that I was told at least.

"You didn't tell me that you gave the account away," I whispered into the phone when I was done with the story, "I thought it was you the whole time."

"It was only last night, I promise," he explained back, his voice straining.

"I believe you, I just wish you had told me. Now I have no idea who this is."

"The police will find out don't worry."

"Yeah," I sighed. 

He stayed quiet for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry that they think it's you," I added, "I tried to convince them, Sue too, but no one would believe me. I tried so hard. They said they'd contact you soon."

I could hear his breathing in the background, heavy against the speaker.

"Cal?" I asked.

No response.

"Cal?" Again.

"Hm? Oh sorry, just thinking."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

I waited a few more minutes, taking in the silence. Finally I decided to break the comfortable quiet.

"Um, I should probably head home soon."

"Where are you?"

"Out by the cliffs."

"Oh," I could hear the blush in his voice, the way he dragged out the word.

"I miss you," I said, deciding that if I didn't hang up soon, I never would.

"Miss you too, see you in a week and 2 days."

"See you then," I smiled. I pulled the phone from my ear and slipped it into my pocket. I climbed off the guard, helping myself up by using the side of my car and crawled back into the drivers seat. I started the car and pulled back onto the highway, heading home. 

- - - - - - - 

*CALUM'S POV*

"Calum Hood you get your butt down here right now!" Liz's voice roared through the house.

Luke raised his eyebrows and Ashton tried to hold back a chuckle. I rolled my eyes at them as I walked towards the door to exit my bedroom. 

"Good luck Cal, we'll be up here, out of yelling range, have fun," Michael chimed in.

My eyes rolled again and I slowly walked down stairs. Liz was standing with a man in a brown suit and a big leathery looking breifcase. When I walked in her face twisted.

"You better tell me this isn't true Calum. I refuse to believe it I swear I will send you straight home."

I cringed, "Let me explain," I started. 

The man with the suit leaned in to listen.

"Um who's this?" I asked, pointing at him curiously.

"Oh this is the man from the local police who is in contact with Macie's police station."

"Oh okay," I replied, still unsure.

"Explain Calum."

"Right sorry, okay so the whole thing about me being Alex is trye