Chapter 34

*MACIE'S POV*

We walked down the stairs to breakfast hand in hand. My mom was standing over the stove, flipping pancakes with Aunt Sue and my dad was sitting at the kitchen table with Uncle George and Steven. My mom looked up when we walked in.

"Well good morning, Macie," she said, wrapping me up in her arms, "How did you sleep?"

"Well," I mumbled, trying to ignore the crushing of my bones within me under her grip.

"That's so great to hear," she smiled, returning to the pancakes. I nodded and walked back to Calum who was leaning against the counter. He raised his eyebrows at me and I shrugged, despite my mother's hard looking exterior she was the type to make eight hundred cupcakes for an elementary school bake sale. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. I smiled and was just about to say something when Steven interrupted.

"Ew he kissed Macie AH-GAAAAIN!" His voice wailed.

My dad laughed and I suddenly felt quite weird having them all in the same place at the same time. Calum sensed my uneasy feeling and started walking towards the table. I sat down in the stool next to him and he wrapped his arm around my waist. I hid my eyes behind my hands and waiting for Sue and Mom to bring the pancakes over. Once they were on the table, I quietly took them and started eating.

"So kiddo," my dad said, playfully shoving my arm, slightly throwing me off balance. Luckily Calum's arm around me saved me from completely toppling over, "What's the plan for today?" He finished. I looked at Calum and he shrugged, not helping at all. I cleared my throat and knit my hands together.

"I uh, I don't know. What do you want to do?" I asked, hoping he'd take direction and decide so I didn't have to.

"Why don't we go into the city?" He suggested.

My mom's face lit up, "Oh yes! That would be a wonderful idea!"

Calum and I made eye contact and then I did with Sue and I immediately knew we were all thinking the same thing.

"Um mom, dad, sorry but we can't."

"But you didn't suggest anything else darling, and it's a beautiful day," My dad said, glancing out the window to the late January sky. It had snowed a few times, but nothing too significant and the sun was shinning down brightly.

"Well, you see, Calum's in a band."

He nodded, "Yes, he's also from Australia, so it would be good for him to see it."

"No what I'm saying is that the fans get a little," I searched for a good word, "Just a bit stalker ish. If they saw him, we would most likely get swarmed."

My dad's brow was knit in confusion. My mom placed her hand on his shoulder, nodding understandingly, "It's okay honey, we'll do something around here. Maybe we could all go bowling and then out to dinner?"

I looked at Calum and he nodded, "Sounds good."

"Great! After breakfast everyone get ready and then we'll go!"

Everyone went back to devouring the pancakes and after we had all praised Aunt Sue's and my mother's cooking skills, we went our seperate ways to get ready for the day. Calum followed me up to my room, our hands still locked together. About halfway up the extra staircase to my room, he pulled on my arm, causing me to stop. Before I knew it, I was pushed against the wall and his lips were pressed against mine. I let out a surprised yelp and he laughed against my lips. Still holding me there, his lips found my neck and started kissing their way down to my collar bone.

"Well good morning- oh god," I said as he sucked and bit a particularly sensitive spot on my neck, "to you too," I contined.

His hands roamed up my shirt, leaving goosebumps wherever they crawled over. I shuddered and struggled to move my own arms. I finally succeeded and grabbed his wrists, "Cal," I gasped, "My parents are like right down the hall."