Chapter 30

*MACIE'S POV*

"I'm flying back early," he announced after our call the next night finally connected. I exhaled as relief washed through me for the first time in a while. I missed him too much and facing this alone was proving to be extremely difficult. Aunt Sue had tried to help me through the day of talking to everyone I needed to, but she wasn't Calum. Her arms pulling me close made me feel okay, but not one hundred percent better and that even made me feel guilty. This whole situation felt awful, I hated that I depended so much on him, I only wished he felt the same about me. And of course, that got me thinking over if I was just exaggerating what I was seeing with us, and I worried about that, on top of everything else. 

"I talked to Sue," I finally responded, "She said that we have to go back tomorrow and bring up the impersonation he pulled and that should be a violation enough to get him back in there." I was dreading another day in the bright room of dread, as I had came to call it. It was basically a conference room, with a table smack dab in the middle; two chairs on one side, three on the other. Aunt Sue and I sat on the side with two and then three men sat on the other. I think one was my lawyer and then the other two were just in charge of my case and Anthony's. I don't know. None of this made sense.

"Did you delete the app?" He asked, pulling me from my thoughts as usual.

"Yeah, I did," I sighed, showing him my phone screen.

"Good," he breathed. I nodded.

Suddenly the spark of hope hit me, "Wait when are you coming?" I asked him, my mood shifting a bit.

"I fly out two days before New Years Eve."

I broke into a smile, "That's so soon!" 

"Three days," he agreed, smiling as well.

"Hey Macie?" Aunt Sue called from downstairs. I rolled my eyes and turned my head away from my screen.

"Um yeah?"

"Can you be a doll and come help with dinner?"

I groaned and looked back to Calum. He shurgged. I pouted.

"Oh go help her," he pushed. 

"I thought you were on my side," I glared as I shut the laptop before he could respond. I ran downstairs and into the kitchen. 

"What's got you all happy?" Aunt Sue asked, taking in my unusual appearance.

"Calum is coming back in like three days," I mumbled, trying not to cry happy tears.

"I should've guessed," she shook her head, "Did I interrupt your Skype call?"

I nodded, "But it's okay, what can I do to help?" She pointed towards the stack of dishes and told me to set the table. I did as told and we just sorta talked for a while.

"He's going to help us end this, I know he will," she told me, looking firmly into my eyes. She let go of my hand when Steven and Uncle George walked in.

- - - - - - 

The next few days passed by in a blur. All day, I sat, nestled in bed, on twitter, tumblr, and even wattpad. I laughed to myself seeing as even though I was dating Calum, I hadn't left myself lose the obsession. My favorite thing to do with all the fanficitions was match up the things they wrote Calum to do, with the things he actually did, and in the end it was painfully accurate. It was kinda scary how accurate some of them were.

Before he had boarded his plane, which apparently had been hours ago instead of what felt like minutes, he had assured me that everything would soon be normal. Ever since then, I had been running that idea over and over in my head.