Chapter 5

*CALUM'S POV*

I slammed the bathroom door out of frustration, yelling as I did. 

"Woah! Easy man," Ashton said, his hands up as if showing he was innocent, "everything's gonna work out fine. Besides she's totally over reacting."

I looked at him sideways, laughing sarcastically, "It doesn't change the fact that she's pissed. I shouldn't have made her chose between me and her family."

Luke walked over at this point, "Technically, she chose Alex."

"Not now, Hemmings," I pressed. 

Luke lifted his hands and walked away.

"You can only blame him so much you know," Ashton said matter of factly. 

I dragged my hands down my face, "I know, I know. What I did wasn't the best idea. I get that, but I did it and now I'm stuck and she won't talk to me."

Michael walked over now, "Just tell her then. Call her up. Show your face and do it."

"But what if she hates me for lying?"

They cracked up after I asked. "What?" Ashton was doubled over and Michael was leaning against the wall for support, I could even hear Luke in the next room over laughing to himself. 

"Do you really think she would hate you? I mean seriously, all you guys do is talk about how amazingly hot we are," Ashton mocked. 

"We do not," I said defensively, "We talk about life and concerts and reading and family and problems and stuff," I paused, "Besides we only talk about how amazingly hot I am, she could care less about the rest of you lot," I added in joking. Ashton faked being heartbroken and broke into a grin. 

"At least promise us that you'll try to tell her, at least by the time we get to the US," Ashton said patting my shoulder. I nodded in response to him. Michael playfylly punched my shoulder. 

"I promise, I will." 

And that was that.

- - - - - - - - -

*MACIE'S POV*

I still was furious with Alex. How could she do that to me? She knew how rocky my family was. She knew how much family time meant to us. And not even have the nerve to tell me I was getting ditched? This felt like a dumb cliche date movie where the girl gets stood up and cries about it for weeks. I guess I was overreacting a little bit, but I still had the right to be a little mad. Plus what was with the sudden appearance of all of these "friends" Alex was talking about? I thought she was new to England, or at least that's what she had told me. I pondered on these questions for a while before I started feeling the oncoming signs of a headache. Sighing, I grabbed my phone from my lap and walked into the bathroom to get an advil. 

After swallowing the gel pill, I decided to scroll through my phone. A message from Alex. 

To Macie:

Please. 5pm. your time. just let me explain ily xxx

I looked at the message before responding. All I wanted was this to be behind me so I could mend the relationship with Steven and get my call in with Alex. I realized then and there that yeah, I overreacted a bit, and decided I would apologize to her later. 

To Alex:

Fine. You're lucky I love you. xoxo

I smiled and she sent back her heavy gratitude in a mess of a sentence. I smiled and put my phone down. As I refilled the cup in the sink to take another Advil, Sue popped her head into my bathroom.