Chapter 12

*CALUM'S POV*

I plopped down on the couch next to her. I leaned my head against the back cushion. Turning my head, I smiled at her. The bun her hair was tied in was falling out, the waves falling down her back. She snapped her fingers in front of my eyes. 

"W-what?" I asked, my head popping up as I blinked my eyes. 

"I said, why me?"

I shook my head, "I told you already. You just seemed different and like I don't know, you seemed like you really liked the band and I was just like kinda taken back by all the nice things you said about me," her cheeks flushed and I smiled, reaching over to trace her cheek with my thumb, "hey don't be embarrassed." 

She raised her hand and ran it through her bangs, pulling the pony tail out. Her hair fell down onto her neck and the soft waves came to border her face, covering a freckle by her ear. Why was I recognizing these weird things, I thought to myself. She giggled again and I was brought back into the present. 

- - - - - - - - - -

*MACIE'S POV*

My heart wouldn't slow down. As I looked up, I noticed him staring at me again. Everything he was saying was so overwhelming and out of the blue. Never had I ever thought I'd be sitting in my room with Calum explaining why he decided to talk to me. I never thought he'd talk to me to start with. I was just a fan. I realized I was beginning to stare and looked away giggling.

"Did I do it again?" He asked, "Sorry about that, I really li- erm, I'm just happy to see you in person."

My cheeks warmed again and he scooted again, "It's kinda freezing up here," he pointed out.

"Yeah," I agreed, my breath catching in my throat as the cushion sunk next to me. His shoulder brushed against mine and I swore I could feel my heart creeping up to my brain. This was too surreal. "This is the attic, rather was, afterall," I confessed.

"Ahhh, I see. Must be really hot in the winter," he guessed. I nodded and he slumped into the couch, dragging me down too. He snuggled into my arm and I screamed enternally, not wanting to say anything in case my voice cracked. 

He eyed me, "Sorry am I like too-"

"No, no you're fine, more than fine," I rambled, mentally slapping myself in the face. He laughed and I looked to the side, hating my awkwardness more every second. 

"Whatever you say babe," he said, putting his feet on the table. 

In any normal situation, I would've flailed off the couch at the mention of the petname, but because I didn't want to come off as abnormal, I managed to bite my lip and keep the excitement contained. I looked at Calum, he was smirking, clearly aware of his effect on me. 

"Why must you do this to me?" I asked bashfully. 

"Do what?" He asked sitting up so that his eyes were level with mine, questioning me. 

"You know, you like flatter me and then you enjoy yourself while I try to not lose my shit in front of you," my voice died, "I can't believe I just said that."

"No keep going, I wanna know."

"Like, I don't know," I started, "Like you know that I obviously really like you because you're like adorable and attractive," I looked away, "And you're in my favorite band and I like, I don't know, this is like a dream come true... and you keep complimenting me and it's like, like, really hard to not let my inner fangirl freak the fuck out and it's just, I don't know what to do, and then there you are laughing or smiling and I feel like an idiotic freak." I covered my face with my hands, not daring to look at him.