Chapter 41

*CALUM'S POV*

Macie and Michael walked into the house, each carrying a different color plastic bag. Michael set his down on the counter and Macie immediately emptied what she had and then threw the bag away. She grabbed her boxes of candy and shuffled right past me and into the living room, plopping on the couch. I looked at Michael and raised an eyebrow.

"Everything okay?" I asked him, wondering if something had happened.

He shrugged and stole a pinch of cheese from the bowl Ashton had prepared. "We ran into some fans at the shop and they confronted her about the rumors."

I instantly felt my blood start to boil and my hands clench into fists, through gritted teeth, I whispered, "What. Did. They. Say?"

Michael chuckled and shook his head, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Relax, all good things."

 "Then why is she acting upset?"

Michael shrugged, "I dunno go ask her."

I rolled my eyes at his unhelpful comment and walked over into the living room. Macie was snuggled into the right side of the couch already nibbling on a chocolate bar she had already opened. I sat down on the left side of the couch and began to scoot closer to her. She looked up at me for a second and a smile appeared on her face. I scooted another few inches and stuck my tongue out. Finally, she patted the spot next to her and I got up and sat down on it. I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her over so that she was nestled into me instead of the arm of the couch. I kissed the top of her head and then reached over and grabbed a piece of chocolate out of her hand.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, slapping my hand, but not before I plopped it into my mouth.

"What?" I asked as I chewed.

She shook her head and rested it against my chest, "Never mind."

I smiled and wrapped my arm tighter around her, "So what happened at the store?"

She looked up at me and frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Michael said you ran into some fans and you just seem to be off, so I wanted to make sure everything was okay."

As I spoke, her face picked up an understanding. "Ah yeah," she mumbled, "That. It was fine, I was actually really surprised that they didn't try to kill me. They believed us, it was a relief."

"Then why are you acting weird?"

She scrunched her nose, "I am not acting weird." She folded her arms and looked at me, "Okay fine. I don't know, they asked for a picture. I guess I'm just not used to that yet."

I nuzzled my face into the space between her shoulder and neck, making her giggle instantly, "That's so cute."

She pushed me away and laughed, "How is it cute?"

"Don't question me, it just is. But really, it will be more normal soon, don't you worry."

She nodded and leaned her head back on my shoulder. I felt her jaw move as she bit at her nails. She let out a sigh and raised her head again to talk to me, "I'm happy it worked."

I knew exactly what she was talking about and I nodded, "Me too."

"OKAY LOVEBIRDS! ASHTON SAID WE CAN'T EAT UNTIL YOU COME OVER HERE," Michael boomed from the kitchen. Macie laughed and uncrossed her legs. I beat her to standing up and offered her my hands, pulling her up next to me. We walked into the kitchen and grabbed out plates. After overloading on taco toppings we all went back to the living room and sat down. Michael sat on the big arm chair on the side, wrapped up in a spiderman blanket a fan had gotten him. Ashton and Luke nearly sat on top of each other on the far end of the couch as to where Macie and I cuddled.