Chapter 8

*MACIE'S POV*

I sat on my bed staring at the wall. My legs were wrapped into my chest. I felt like crying, but the tears never came. I considered calling Aly back and asking her to stay the night, but every time I got close to dialing her number, I decided against it. I didn't want to be around people right now, all I wanted was to forget this whole thing had ever happened. I chuckled to myself, it was dry and cold. How could I let this happen? How could I have been so stupid? I looked at my ripped shirt in the corner. I sighed as I walked over to it. I picked it up and ran my fingers over the familiar fabric, such a shame for a great shirt, what an awful memory to be tied to it. I figured that I needed to throw it away anyway, Sue wouldn't be thrilled to see me walking around with my boobs hanging out. Carrying the old blink-182 tanktop over to the trash bin in the corner of my room, I tossed it in with a short good bye. Silly for a shirt, I know, but it was a personal favorite. 

I sat on my bed and checked the time. It was roughly 4, which meant it was 9 for Alex. I figured I'd message her now and maybe Skype later. Just because I hadn't been crying at that point, didn't mean I had at some time, my make up was a mess and I probably looked like I had been hit by five busses. Suddenly I heard a light tap on the door, Sue poked her head through the door.

"Hey girly, George is taking Steven to the grill near the movie theater just to get him out of the house so that you can get some peace and quite."

I nodded noticing the sudden calmness in the house, "Thank you."

"Are you sure you don't need anything Macie? I don't want to dote on your needs or hover over, I'm just worried," she bit the inside of her cheek, "You don't look too good," her face changed as she realized what she had said, she covered her face with her hand, "Oh god, I didn't mean it like that, I'm just worried, I've never dealt with this before and I don't want you to feel like shit."

I laughed at her choice of words, smiling for the first time since the incident, "It's fine Auntie Sue, thank you for caring about me though. I'm just gonna call Alex and then I'll head to bed early."

"Okay kiddo, sounds like a plan. Tell Alex thank you, I'm glad you have her to talk to," she entered my room and crossed the room to kiss my head, "I'll bring you some pasta or something later for dinner."

"Thanks again," I said, slightly eager to be alone again. I appreciated all she was doing for me, but I still felt all shook up and needed to be alone. 

"I'll leave you to it then," she walked out and with one last glance over her shoulder with an additional apologetic smile, she was gone. 

I leaned back into my pillows and burried my face into a blanket, pulling it over me. I pulled out my phone and messaged Alex, replying to her series of worried check ins she had sent in the past few hours.

To Alex:

hey.

To Macie:

oh my god. are you okay??? ive been so worried ill kill him for you. dont worry babe he'll never touch you again.

To Alex:

i'm fine now. Sue and Aly got him away and sent the cops after him so I should be fine... thank you for earlier, i just needed someone, so thanks for being there. you're the best friend i could've asked for.

To Macie:

i will always here for you no matter what and i mean through anything. i will never leave you. you're my very best friend and i wish i could do more than just message you right now haha. if i were there, we'd watch a movie and make cookies and you could tell me about it and i could reenact on a pillow what id do to that dicks face if i could get a shot at him.