Chapter 5- Escaping

Sophia Carson as Cadence Wright

"Okay, we have to make a plan to get you out of here. If you want to stay then that's your choice but I'm pretty sure that you want to leave, you were dragged here without a say in the matter." Amalia taps her foot against the ground and sighs scratching her head, Emberly looks out the window probably zoning out this whole conversation, Nova is on her phone ignoring us and Cadence fell asleep most likely in boredom. I run a hand through my dark hair and sigh tiredly, Valentino is smart he will surely know.

"Even if I did escape Valentino would come after me and he'd get me, he made a promise saying that if I run he will chase, if I fall he will catch me and I forgot the other one," I shrug. "It was something to do with pain, maybe if you are hurt I will be hurt. Really, I don't know," I shrug.

"You could always climb out of this window," Emberly quietly says, Amalia and I look over at her and at the window that she's been staring at for minutes now. I jump up off the bed and walk over to the window, I push it up and it slides gracefully. It's not that far down, I guess; maybe it is but I just don't want to come to terms with that fact.

"You're joking, right?" Amalia panics looking between Emberly and I. Shrugging I poke a leg out of the window and onto the sill, I bend down and grasp the window sill tightly and slowly release my legs. Then I jump, they rush to the window and look down at me to most likely see if I'm still alive. Nova appears too, obviously abandoning her phone. "So you weren't joking," she mutters. Their heads snap to the door and Nova and Emberly run from the window.

"Run Willow, run," she hisses. I can't help but think about Forrest Gump. RUN FORREST, RUN! And I listen, I run as fast and far away as I can, I try not to stop as I hear a loud inhuman roar. Instead, I pump my legs faster so I can escape. I'm out of breath as I run into an alley so he can't find me as easily, I lean against the wall breathing heavily. But everyone knows to never walk into an empty alley alone because someone is always around, even if you don't suspect it.

"What's a girl like you doing out here?" My head snaps to the source of the deep creepy voice, a guy who isn't very attractive and looks really creepy is smirking at me- a sparkle in his eye. He steps forward and I step back trying to get to the light so hopefully a car while drive by. One surely does, the men get out of the car all of them have smirks etched onto their faces and I shiver in fear. Such a bad idea! WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO CLICHÉ AND RUN INTO AN ALLEY?!

"Lets have some fun," one of them purrs, a sly smirk on his face. They surround me, I spin around in circles trying to escape. I kick one guy in the stomach, he crouches down in pain. Before I can run off a guy grabs my wrist and holds me still while another guy cuts the skin of my arm with a blade. I scream in pain, I can't help it when the tears form one by one then fall. He pushes me to the ground and I lay on my back gasping for air, he winded me. Everything is blurry and black dots appear in my vision, I should've just stayed put.

But then I remember. I remember where I've been for the past week: with the people that killed Kane. I remember pretending not to be hurting. Not crying whatsoever; acting numb. Maybe I do deserve this. For Kane. I miss him so much.

He climbs on top of me and I don't move, I don't struggle whatsoever. Kane's dead, there's nothing for me to live for anymore, anyway. "WHAT THE F*CK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!" Someone with power and authority roars, I already know who it is by the way his voice sends familiar sparks through my body. Hatred sparks. My eyes close on their own accord and I can only focus on the pain and fear. I know that he will be so mad, I sob and hear grunts of pain then the sounds of bodies dropping. I feel someone crouch beside me and I curl in a ball, you never know it could be one of the guys that tried hurting me.
"It's okay now Willow, it's okay baby," I don't even cringe at the word I hate, I look up and glare at him.