Chapter 37- Things are changing

Weeks later There's no longer this resentment

Weeks later
There's no longer this resentment. There's no longer this big hole in my chest. Slowly, it's closing up and I can feel myself healing from all the pain that was caused.

Valentino of course still acts as if he doesn't care in front of other people, but he's a big softy. In front of me, he shows every sort of emotion. But why can't he to other people? So it was 9 in the morning, he was expecting people over but he was tired. His legs were sprawled out, he was laying on his stomach, arms around my waist and head in my lap; very awkward position but comfortable for him. I was just eating milk and caramel chocolate, as you do 9 in the morning.

Flashback

"Valentinooooooo, they will be here at any moment!" I exclaim trying to wake him, all he does is grunt and tightens his arms around me. I lean down and put my hair in his ear, moving it so the hair tickles him. His head jolts up and he glares, bags under his eyes and squinting. Cadence and Aidan walk into the living room, a mug of coffee in Cadence's hands and a bagel.

"Valentino, drink and eat!" He groans and curses under his breath then sits up. Straight away he skulls down the coffee and bagel then is back to laying on top of me. I pull at his hair, trying to forge Val to get off of me. He needs to be prepared for his big 'meeting.' "THEY'RE HERE!" Straight away, he shoots up so he's standing and flattens his suit out with his hands and looks down at me.

Val sends a soft smile then straightens his face and walks to the door, why the sudden change in facial features? I hear the voices of business like men, just monotone, deep voices. "Valentino, good to see you," three men, tall and large walk into the living room where I'm sitting. I can't seem to stop staring at Valentino, there's this empty look on his face and it's rough and stony, it's like it's been perfectly rehearsed over and over again. It's as if it keeps him safe from the outside world.

"Willow, this is Richard, Callighan and Jeremy. Men, this is my partner- Willow Davids." Partner? Since when have we agreed on this, I can't remember agreeing that we were officially together. I'm expecting the normal, them asking to take you out with a big proposal then yeah.... it goes good from then on. Then again he didn't exactly say what partner, there's two meanings right? I stand to shake their hands, they nod at me and I smile. What is it with them showing zero amount of emotion? "Men, please meet me at my office while I get some papers," he points to the doors of his office and they disappear. Valentino smiles at me and I shake my head, frowning.

"Don't smile at me when you can't even show an ounce amount of emotion to other people. You can't even smile at me in front of them, and 'partner'? Since when are we 'partners' Valentino?!" I exclaim in frustration, he confuses me and never lets me know how he's feeling.

"Because they don't deserve to see how I feel, an yes, partners- that's what we are."

"What sort of partners?" I suspiciously ask. Seriously, I have no clue what sort of partner he means. Business? Serious? Friends? Close? There's too many ways.