Chapter 52- Baby shower

Everything feels as if it's in slow motion as we run into the hospital

Everything feels as if it's in slow motion as we run into the hospital. Mike is yelling at the nurses and everyone else is sitting down, some crying and some just staring blankly at the wall. Val grabs my hand and rushes me over to Mike, "she's pregnant! What if our baby has died? What if she dies!?" He roars.

"Sir, you need to calm down. We are doing everything that we can and you shouting at us isn't helping, so sit down please." Val releases my hand and grabs his shoulder, Mike's face is red and his eyes are puffy.

"Come on man," Val leads Mike over to a chair and he sits next to him. I sit next to Val and Cadence. We fought but maybe she didn't mean the things she said, maybe she is stressed out or maybe things are happening. Our last words could be whatever was said in that fight, I don't want to remember Nova in that way. I know she's a good person, I know that and she doesn't deserve this. Her baby doesn't deserve this. Cause then Mike may lose two important people in his life and I can't fight with her forever. What she said hurt, but I guess you're being a better person if you forgive even though it may be so hard. Sometimes it's what you have to do to move in otherwise you will keep thinking about it and it will consume your thoughts. No one deserve this.

I just wish I could tell her all of this. I hope she's okay, no matter what she said and how much she hurt me. It was so wrong, but this is a life threatening situation and I'm not going to hold a grudge against her when she's going through this. She would be in so much pain. A nurse runs out of the room that Nova is in, "the baby is coming."

Everyone straightens up and Mike stands, running to the room. How can this happen? Didn't she get shot? She is about 9 months pregnant but I wouldn't expect this. I stand up and run into the room, she's screaming and crying. Blood is everywhere and I don't think this is possible but it's happening. She would be in so much pain. Nova looks at me and cries harder, "W-Willow I'm so- AHH!" She takes a deep breath. "Sorry," she finishes.

I shake my head and stand next to the bed, grabbing her hand and looking down at her. "Don't be, we can talk about it after this is all over and you're better. Now, we will get through this together," she smiles then screams.
••
1 day later

"You see, I was mad and hurt and when those two combine... I say things I don't mean and end up hurting the people I love. I now get that what I did wasn't right, forcing you to tell Val without you not approving was wrong of me and it's something that I'm not proud of. Maybe if it wasn't forced then none of this would have happened. Everything that was said a couple of days ago wasn't true and I'm an awful person, who says that? It's something that I will always regret but if you could give me another chance and forgive me when the time is right, that would make me extremely happy."

"What you said hurt me, it actually hurt a lot. But I think what you said brought Val and I back together, if he hasn't said those things... we wouldn't be together at the moment. So in some way it helped me and Val, thank you for that. But it hurt me too.. you shouldn't say that to anyone cause those words don't deserve to be said to anyone. No matter how angry or upset you are. But I'm a firm believer that if I won't forgive then it will constantly be on my mind and I just won't be happy, so I will forgive you and give you another chance," she hugs me and in that moment- the cries of her newborn baby is heard.