Chapter 24- You before me

I'm lonely but not all of us can be like the souls surrounded by love and support.

Go check out my new book called Laken: the girl they finally broke

"I want all the food in the world!" Amalia exclaims, shoving the burger into her mouth; Cadence and I look at each other with our mouths both open

"I want all the food in the world!" Amalia exclaims, shoving the burger into her mouth; Cadence and I look at each other with our mouths both open. "Nom nom nom!" I snort at how crazy she is being.

"Let's walk on the waterfront?" Cadence suggests, Amalia perks up and stands already waddling away to the waterfront. Cadence and I shrug at each other and follow behind Amalia. Amalia slows down so we are all walking side by side to each other, "How do you do it Lia?" Cadence whispers.

Amalia's head whips around to look at Cadence, "how do I do what?" She questions with confusion laced in her voice.

"Everything. How do you handle it all? You keep an amazing relationship with Jarrad and now you're on to your first child, how do you know that he really loves you?" Amalia looks at me and I shrug, she then looks back at Cadence and sighs softly.

"You know that they love you because they do anything in their power to protect you, they forgive you despite your faults and they cherish you despite your flaws. They know that you aren't perfect but to them you are, just the littlest things prove their affection towards you. You may have your doubts Cadence, but Aidan loves you so much, you just need to stop doubting his love for you." Everything's silent, I sit down and they sit down next to me. I just watch the waves crash into the bank, the sound calming me.

"Thank you, Amalia," she whispers, Amalia smiles and nods. "Now let's do something worth remembering!" Amalia exclaims, clapping her hands together.
                                        **
"No, I am not doing this. They're old and fragile!" I exclaim, "they will be terrified, well mostly horrified, when they hear it!" Cadence and Amalia shrug with a massive grin, Cadence shoves her phone into my hands and they both push me to na old man.

Grumbling words of distaste under my breath, I take a seat next to him, holding the phone at my side- hiding it from his view. I press the button: eerrrrrrr. His head snaps to me, a look of horror settled onto his face, "was that me or you?" I can't help but chuckle. "Oh god, it was me! This is so embarrassing, I'm terribly sorry," he stands up and rushes away, now I feel really mean. I walk back over to the girls who are laughing hysterically at what they just witnessed.

"My turn!" Amalia exclaims, we watch as she stands next to a group of teenage guys; oh god, they look to be about 16 and they are going to witness something terrifying. EEERRRRRRR FFFFFFFF FFFFF. "Oh, excuse me," she covers her mouth as they all look at her, surprise and disgust written on their faces.