Ch. 46

Once the boys get done with dinner, Luke texts me right away informing me that he and Ashton are on their way. I obviously agreed to build a fort with him for our last night together. The boys are all packed up and ready to go. Meghan and I will be a mess the next few days, but thats okay because we have each other. Addie's tail starts wagging and she runs up to the door whimpering.

"Are they here pretty girl?" I ask her walking over in her direction as the whimpering continues. Her whimpering becomes more frequent and her tail wagging becomes rapid. I pick her up, worried. Shes never done this before. I open the door to see Luke and Ashton walking up the stairs to our apartment room. Addie leaps out of my arms and sprints to Luke and jumps on his leg, clawing at his jeans.

"I'm so sorry, I have no idea whats going on with her." I say a little bit embarrassed of how shes acting towards Luke.

"Oh don't worry about it, the baby just missed me." Luke says with a bit of a smirk on his face. He holds open the door for Ashton with one hand and manages to hold hyper Addie with the other. Plus a overnight bag rests calmly on his shoulder.

I smirk at Luke's cockiness. "Okay Lucas." I say teasing him at the name.

Luke comes inside and locks the door after him. He bends down to set Addie on the ground. His soft but vibrant muscle lines on his arms stick out to me. I can't help but stare for a moment as he does such a simple action. Its hard for me to believe that I've never noticed them before. Maybe hes been working out? Luke comes back up from setting the dog down and grabs my hand making me shake out of thought.

"Come on baby." He says leading me to my room. We walk to my room and once inside he shuts the door.

"So where are we going to make this fort?" I question.

"I was thinking over your bed would be cool?" He asks as more of a question than a statement.

"Okay," I say, "that's a good idea." My arms immediately reach for the door as if a reaction to open it. I walk out to the living room in search of blankets and pillows. I be sure to leave some for Meghan and Ashton, because they decided on making a fort as well.

I walk back into my room with the pillows and blankets to make our 5-star fort. I'm not at all ready for Luke to leave. I'm justing thinking that this is my very last night with Lucas Hemmings. To think that for six whole months, I won't get to see him, get to touch him or even get to be in his presence. I drop the pillows and blankets to the ground. This all feels to un real to me. Luke gives me a concerned look.

To think. Not even six months ago, I was living with my abusing dad. I was living in a whole other part of the city. I was scared for my life, when now, I have everything I could ever want. How? Someone tell me how? It's all been going by so fast that in the moment I had just ignored how crazy this has all been.

"Amanda, baby? Are you alright?." Luke's gentle words break me out of thought.

"Yeah." I say, even though I'm not 100% sure if I am.

"Okay," he says. "Come here and help me." I look over to see him struggling with the fort.

---

The fort is complete. Pink and blue blankets lie above our heads. We lie under them and look up over our accomplishment.

"I'm so tired." I say bending my head over to look at Luke.

"Me too." He says leaning in and placing a kiss on my nose. I feel Addie adjust her body near my feet where she's lying down. My eyes flutter to a close and I start to feel pulled into sleep.