Chapter 1

"Selena, promise me today you'll make at least one new friend?"

"I can't promise that mom. Everyone at this school are just so, weird." I claimed to my mother.

"They're weird because you don't know them, Selena. Just try for me, okay?" Mom asked in a pleading tone and I let out a sigh of defeat.

"I guess, but I am not making any promises. So, don't think I'll come home today with a new bff." I said and got out of my mom's grey, Buick.

Adjusting my backpack on my shoulders, I began walking up the steps to my new school, Wilson High School. Well, Wilson High School has been my school for two weeks now, but it still felt so foreign to me. I only knew my way around to get to classes, the cafeteria and the library, nowhere else.

My mom, step-father, sister and I just moved from Jupiter, Florida to what I'm supposed to call my new home, Tacoma, Washington. Like, isn't Bella from those Twilight movies from Washington? What if I meet vampires and werewolves? I mean werewolves would be nice, but vampires? No, thank you.

I continued my way down the hallway to my locker observing the students mingling. The scenery really made me miss my school and friends back in Jupiter. It made me miss my entire life in Jupiter. Well, almost my entire life. Anyway, I grew up in Jupiter, Florida. So, when my step-dad announced his work relocated him, of course not only was I sad, but angry as well. I was in the middle of my junior year, Gracie was in her 8th grade year, everything was getting turned around in our lives.

Opening my locker, I put my jacket inside and took out my books for my US History, Pre-Calculus and Physics class. Since my locker was on the first floor near the back of the school and my classes spread out on the third floor, I wouldn't have time to go to my locker after each class. Although we get 6 minutes in-between each class, with thousands of other students in the hallways, 6 minutes felt like 30 seconds.

Thoughts of my few close friends from Jupiter came to mind. We would always walk each other to class, sit by each other at lunch, and gossip in the halls. Ever since we moved and I started Wilson High, my mom has been on me about making new friends. She knows no one can ever replace my two best friends from Jupiter that I've known since the first grade and I've drilled that in her head plenty of times. I feel like my mom just doesn't want me to fall into a depression stage, or just get sad period.

I began walking up the steps to my first class of the day which was US History. Honestly, I rather have Pre-Calculus as my first class than US History but it couldn't be changed. As I walked down the hall, a shoulder bumped a few people because they wouldn't get out of my way which annoyed me a lot. Like, you see people coming down the hall walking to their class, so why are you just standing in the middle of the hall?

I ended up walking past a group of guys wearing jerseys and one of them called out to me. I turned to look at them and just scrunched my face up in disgust. Guys are such pigs. As I walked away, I heard one of them say, "I haven't seen her around before?" and a guy replied to his teammate, "yeah, that's the new girl, Selena Gomez." It amazed me how word traveled fast about new people in school. Before you could even introduce yourself, they already know your name, grade, any sports you play and your preferences.

I heard some words along the line of, "she's hot," "good luck bro," and "you'll never get with that." You're damn right he'll never get with this. My mind isn't on boys right now, it's on my studies. But it wasn't even just about the boys, I just wasn't interested in anything or anyone other than my school work and soccer. Well, soccer was on hold since I just moved schools and I didn't even know if they were looking for players.