Chapter 6

words - 1601 and written between 10pm and 12am

+

By the way Selena glared at me, I knew there was no way I was going to get on her good side. Well at least not right now anyway. Yeah, I knew leaving to go to the bathroom as the same time Selena was not a good idea knowing what my friends and other students would think of it, but I didn't care. I just needed to talk to Selena to see what she saw and make sure she didn't tell anyone. Yeah, that went well.

            I knew if I bothered Selena enough, she would eventually want to talk, or yell, at me in privately and then that's when I can put my plan into action. My plan on how to get Selena to go out with me and hook up with me. It was a plan that will take a while, but I gave myself three weeks until I will have Selena pooling at my feet. Selena may be different from other girls, but she's still a girl.

            During lunch, I could feel daggers at me, and whenever I looked up, I was indeed right—Selena was looking at me while stabbing her fries with her fork. Okay, maybe this would take more the three weeks?

            "Dude, if looks could kill, you'd be a ghost by now." My buddy Adam laughed. "Selena looks like she wants to stab something other than her fries with that fork."

            "Yeah, well, she'll get over it. I doubt people believe anything even went on." I mumbled.

            "Yeah, people are saying you tried, and Selena turned you down. Burn." This time it was my friend Victor.

            I groaned. "Trust me, Selena will be pooling at my feet in no time." I smirked.

            "Not if someone gets to her first." José said after taking a bite from his burger.

            I lifted my right brow in confusion. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

            "According to Molly and Xenia, I overheard them talking, someone has been sending your Selena girl flowers and love notes." José smiled. "Someone beating you to it."

            "Do they know who it is? Does Selena know who it is?" I asked.

            "Oh, is someone jealous." Adam teased with a laugh and the other guys joined in, but I just laughed it off.

            "Nah, I just don't want anyone scoring what is mine first." I joked.

            "Excuse you?" I heard the lovely, Latina voice from behind me and I squished my face up in stupidity. How did I not notice her get up from her seat from across the lunch room?

            "Justin Bieber you are a disgusting pig and you will never, and I mean NEVER get me to sleep with you." Selena snapped and before I could turn around, I felt something cold over my head and realized it was Selena's drink.

            I heard a bunch of gasps from the entire lunchroom, followed by a shortness of quietness followed by many whispers.

            Selena Gomez is a piece of work.

            During practice, my entire team decided to tease me the entire time about the situation with Selena. I tried to let it slide, but then it became annoying. The only person who didn't say anything was Charlie. Which was surprising considering Charlie is, well—Charlie.

            Popular senior and basically the guy who took me under his wing and says once he's graduated, I'd be the one taking over his spot next year. He's the one that really got all the guys to shut up.