Chapter 2

"Justin, are you ready yet? The dinner party starts in 50 minutes and the ride there is 40 minutes itself." I heard my father say on the other side of my door as he walked in. I had just finished straightening up my tie and was now spritzing myself with a little bit of cologne.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I said and took one last look in the mirror before running my hands through my hair. My hands were a bit shaky at how important tonight was to my father. I didn't want to mess this up for him or our family legacy because my father had a short temper when things didn't go how he planned them too.

Tonight, was the dinner party for our family's company, Bieber's Enterprise. Yeah, it wasn't a catchy company name, but my great-grandfather came up with it so it stuck. Tonight, was also the night that my dad will announce I will be taking over the company when I turn 24 and finish college. Honestly, I did not want to take over the company. I wanted to go into marketing or engineering when I entered college. Owning my own company seemed good at first, but it wasn't the right fit in the end. My dad always argues with the fact I'm only 16, still too young to realize what I want. That may be, but I know for sure, I do not want to take over Bieber's Enterprise. My mom knew it and has tried to tell my father herself, but he just won't take no as an answer.

It's not like he doesn't have another son to choose from because he does. I have a little brother, Jaxon who is 13 which is probably why my dad wants me to take over, since I'm the oldest. I just think my dad wants to hurry and retire since he's almost 45.

I took a deep breath and followed my dad down the stairs to where my mom was waiting with my brother Jaxon and little sister, Jazmyn or "Jazzy" who was 11.

"About time, let's go before we're late." Mom said and we rushed to dad's Chevy, Tahoe.

The ride there was long and quiet. Many thoughts ran through my mind, as I hoped my father would change his mind last minute although I knew that wouldn't happen.

Then the brunette I saw earlier flashed through my mind. I had seen her walking through the hallway earlier today to class, and I knew she was going to be mine. I hadn't seen her before until today, so she was new to Wilson High. This should make it easier for her to fall into my arms, literally. No one could resist my charm. However, Trevor told me about his conversation with her earlier in their Pre-Calculus class. It made me second guess myself, but I'm nothing compared to Trevor. Plus, Trevor has a girlfriend that goes to another school, that's what his ass deserves. I saw her again when she got into the car with a middle-aged woman, who I'm assuming was her mom. I couldn't help but stare at her as she walked by, all the way until she buckled the seatbelt in the car.

The truck came to a stop, interrupting my stalkerish thoughts about the girl. We arrived at the dinner and right on time as I read the clock in the truck, 7:53pm.

The dinner went by slowly, Jazmyn and Jaxon distracted themselves by playing around with random objects that occupied the table. Since dad had taken away our phones for the night, there was no other solution.

When dad called me up to introduce me and say I'd be taking over the enterprise, cameras started flashing and applause filled the room. I looked through the crowd and saw mixed emotions. Some of dad's partners were a bit jealous that their new boss would be older than them, but they still had years before I officially became their boss. I saw guys around my age that seemed to envy me because of how rich my dad was and how rich I would become, if I continued the business the right way. Girls stared at me longingly, probably wishing and hoping one of them would become my future wife. That's another thing; although girls loved my charm, and thought I was handsome, my main attraction to them was that I was rich. Well, not me specifically, but I came from money, so I would never struggle a day in my life.

But hey, if that's what helps me get laid almost every night, oh well. Dad knew it, and hate that I take advantage of that. But I can't help but laugh, honestly. I don't care if a girl wants to sleep around, that's none of my business, but do they really expect me to make them my girlfriend after only knowing them less than an hour and they're already flinging themselves at me or in bed with me? Dad says I should stop feeding into their behavior, but it's not like I make promises to these girls. I specifically state I am not interested in them before we have sex and they're ok with it, but get mad when I get dressed and leave or tell them to get dressed and leave. Girls really confuse the fuck out of me, but another thing I can't change.

After the dinner, of course we stayed long after so dad could chat up some of the coworkers and future investors. Mom talked to some of the wives of the men, Jazmyn and Jaxon talked to some teenagers that were waiting around bored, while I was left drinking a class of champagne off by myself. I knew if mom saw me drinking she would probably slap me so I left and went outside.

The venue where the dinner was hosted over looked the city and a lake, so I stood outside near the lake looking off to literally nothing. As I stood quietly, I heard heels clicking coming near me and turned around to see it was one of the girls who were eyeing me earlier when my dad introduced me. She had blonde hair that you could obviously tell has been bleached one too many times. When she walked closer, I saw she had green eyes, and thank god, she didn't have a lot of make up on. I don't care if girls wear makeup, I just hate when they put too much on to the point where it basically leaves a trail. I had a girl do that once. The next morning after she had left, I saw that her face was still on my pillow.

"Well, hello, what's your name?" I asked lowly, and placed my empty class on a nearby table.

"Yanis," She smiled and stuck out her hand for me to shake. I grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it causing her to giggle.

"What are you doing out here, Yanis?"

"My father is still talking to your father, so they advised me to come talk to you so I wouldn't be bored." She smiled with a small laugh.

"What's your father's name?"

"Timothy O'Connell." She said proudly and I internally rolled my eyes.

Of course; Timothy O'Connell is my dad's biggest investor. If his daughter and I got together, they be the happiest men on earth. I shook my head lightly with a laugh.

"What's funny?" She asked nervously.

"Oh nothing." I said. I looked up seeing Jaxon in the doorway waving for me. "I have to go." I smiled and waved bye to her before leaving out there alone.

I wish my dad would leave my "love" life alone. I know he didn't appreciate how I went from girl to girl, but that's my life not his.

Walking up to Jaxon, I thanked him for his interruption and we walked to the Tahoe, where mom, dad and Jazmyn were waiting. Dad asked me about Yanis but I ignored him and just got into the truck. I heard mom say, "told you" which means he probably told her about his plan and she as always, thought it was a bad idea.

A weird ending, I know. Words – 1374 and unedited. Chapters will alternate between Justin and Selena. I feel bad for people who already had this story saved and their library and I deleted it and started new. Please vote, comment and share.