Chapter 15

unedited

this picks up from the prologue

this chapter really doesn't sort of make sense, but i've had writer's block

things will make more sense in the next chapter

I wanted to stop him. I wanted to hug him and never let him go. I wanted to let him know it was okay to talk to me because he could trust me, but maybe, just maybe, I did ruin that. This time, there was no one else to blame but myself.

Earlier that day

Friday was disastrous—well to me anyway. It started with me waking up 30 minutes past my alarm, so I ended up being late to school. I could have been on time, but I had to shower and do something with my hair. Then, I forgot about the quiz in math class and ended up getting a 60 out of 100 on it. At lunch I ended up spilling my soda all over my white shirt but lucked out when Xenia had an extra sweatshirt in her locker. Should I also mention Justin's minions decided to harass me while at my locker today?

Selena, nice ass. Selena, you are looking fine today. Selena anyone tapping that yet. Selena, you should let my boy Justin tap that, or better yet, let me tap that.

I screamed. I let out a giant, blood curling scream in the middle of the hallway causing everyone in the hall to look at me. I ended up throwing a tantrum like a 2-year-old, calling those dudes every degrading name I had in my dictionary, and to top it all off, I had received flowers, chocolate and a note in my locker from my 'secret admirer' once again so I ended up throwing it at them. When my tantrum was over everyone went silent.

"Selena Gomez, can you come to my office?" The principal ended up asking. I closed my eyes and scrunched up my face in embarrassment.

I turned around slowly to look at our principal and nodded my head. Grabbing my backpack, I walked past everyone laying my head low trying to avoid eye contact, but I could hear their whispers.

"Back to class, everyone!" A teacher scolded and everyone broke apart, the whispers not dying down.

Once we got to the principal's office, I sat in the chair opposite of his and ducked down in my seat letting out a big breath I had been holding in.

"Want to explain to me what that was about?" He asked, adjusting his tie as he sat down in his seat.

"I'm just tired of boys asking if they can get in my pants." I shrugged. "I've also had a bad day since this morning, so I'm not really in the mood."

"That doesn't excuse you for calling students degrading names, Miss Gomez,"

"But it's okay for them to talk about my ass? Is it okay for them to talk about wanting to pass me around like I'm some object? It's okay for one of your students to literally stalk me?" I said bitterly.

The principal sighed. "If you would have told a staff member, one of us would have handled it."

"Yeah right," I scuffed and shook my head, "the only thing staff members care about is if our shoulders are showing or if our boobs are too big for our shirts." Then I mocked, "you know, we cannot distract the boys, we cannot tempt the boys or else we're asking for it."

"Selena, that is not true." He tried to defend but I rolled my eyes. School systems sucked; I couldn't wait to be off to college. "How about you explain this stalker that you think you have?"