Chapter 7

It was Friday morning and once my mom dropped me off at school, I beelined straight to my locker avoiding anyone's gaze, specifically trying to ignore Justin. Yesterday was nice of him, but I didn't want him thinking we were buddies now. Adding on to that, Justin knows I have a secret admirer because my stupid self, thought it was him.

            Once I made it to the comfort of my locker, I was scared to open it, wondering what could be hiding behind it. Luckily, no note or candy was waiting for me, I only saw my textbooks and notebooks and other little things that I had put in my locker myself.

            "Hey Selena!" I very energetic Jacey greeted me, and I nearly jumped out of my skin not prepared for being said hello to. "Whoa, sorry, Jumpy." She joked and a laughed softly.

            "Sorry, just on edge about this stalker and all." I pointed out and continued to switch out my books for my first few classes.

            "Still have no idea who it may be?" She asked and I shook my head. "Don't worry, Xenia, Molly and I are all on it. Well, we're trying to figure it out as well."

            "Thanks, you all are the best, seriously." I smiled and Jacey replied with 'of course' and a bright smile. Her smile soon faded when she peered around my shoulder. "What's wrong?" I asked her too scared to look behind me.

            "Why is Justin Bieber walking towards you right now?" She asked with one eyebrow raised and I groaned.

            "He gave me a ride home yesterday— "I began and before I could finish explaining myself Justin interrupted us.

            "Hi Selena." He said from behind me. I could feel his breath between my ear and neck as he didn't know what personal space is.

            I whirled around and shut my locker in the process. "I have class." I stated and took Jacey by the arm and led her to the girls' restroom.

            Before Jacey could say anything, I spilled the tea to her and by tea, I mean I told her everything from the past few days. How I thought Justin was sending me the notes, but I confronted him yesterday about it, and how he looked genuinely confused. Then I explained to her how my mom basically forgot to pick me up yesterday and Justin offered to give me a ride.

            Jacey stood there for a moment, not believing what I just told her. She was quiet—too quiet for my liking. She was never this quiet. "Please say something." I begged.

            She laughed. Jacey laughed for a good minute. "You thought Bieber was sending you love notes?"

            "I thought he was trying anything to get in my pants."

            "Trust me babe, Justin Bieber does not try that hard. He doesn't have the brain to." She said and then the bell rung for class.

=

            The rest of the day went by fairly fast. At lunch Justin was kept occupied by a blonde girl in a cheerleading outfit. I didn't know if I was happy or disgusted at the sight. Xenia, Molly, and Jacey were on a continuous mission to find out who has been leaving me love notes.

            Gathering my homework for the weekend, which was only a history paper and a few math problems, I reminded myself I needed to stop by the volleyball coach's office for a quick chat. Sadly, soccer season wasn't until next semester, but I was dying to get involved in something to keep my mind occupied.

            Putting, more like stuffing everything into my backpack, I rushed to the gym not wanting to keep the coach waiting long. I was lucky enough she was letting me on this late—a recommendation letter from my previous coach I had to give much thanks to.

            Coach Kenton's office sat near the back of the gym where the exit to the field and emergency exit was, next to other coaches' offices. When I knocked, she was busy with paperwork, probably finalizing other team members.

            "Oh Selena, come in, please." She gave me a light smile which I returned and sat in the chair opposite of her. "So, your old doctor in Florida faxed me the remaining paper work and it's all set! You can start training with us on Monday!"

            I smiled widely. "Thank you so much! I know I'm like 2 weeks late for try outs, but I really appreciate this. I need something to distract me from being the new kid." I joked.

            "No, of course, I get it." She waved off and put a black duffel bag on the desk with the school's logo and volleyball with the team number 13. "So, you're going to be lucky 13, practice starts on Monday. We begin practice after school around 3:30ish, so try to be on time. I usually try to order a bit of food or snacks so you all won't be starving during practice. My practices usually run to about 5 to 5:30ish depending on the day and how I am feeling. We only practice 3 days a week, Monday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's."

            "Go it." I nodded.

            "Don't worry, all the information is in a folder in the bag, so you won't have to remember too much by brain. Also, in the bag is training uniform and game day uniforms."

            Coach Kenton mentioned a few more important information to me and then I was out of her office 20 minutes later. With my backpack on my back and the duffel on my arm, I sent my mom a text.

To: Moooooom

Meeting with coach Kenton ended (: ready to be picked up

            I took a pitstop in the girls' restroom to check my appearance and take a quick pee. This time when I came out of the stall there was nothing waiting on the mirror for me and I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding in.

From: Moooooom

Be there in about 5 minutes!

            Walking down the empty hallways was always a bit nerve wrecking but I kept my cool to the best of my ability. Stalker guy is nowhere in sight, he is nowhere in sight. But that's the thing, I didn't know who he was, he literally could be anyone.

            "What are you still doing here, Gomez?" I heard the familiar deep voice from behind me. When I turned around Justin had on basketball shorts, a plain white tee and a duffel bag in hand.

            "I could say the same for you too, Bieber." I shot back and turned back to continue walking to the front of the school. His footsteps followed me and soon he was at my side.

            "I have hockey practice in like 10 minutes." He stated. I forgot he was on the hockey team. "Do you need a ride again? I'm sure coach will understand."

            I ignored his comment. "It's been almost 45 minutes since school has been let out. What has kept you occupied all this time?" Just then I saw a blonde in a cheerleading practice uniform parade out of a janitor's closet just an eyesight away and fix her outfit to the best of her ability. I mean, she was in shorts and a tee shirt, not much to fix. It was mostly her hair she was trying to tame.

            Justin smirked as he probably realized me staring at the blonde beauty leaving the closet behind us. "I had a, distraction."

            I laughed. I snorted. Justin's eyebrows slanted. "I find it so funny how less than a week ago you were trying to get me to sleep with you and yet you wonder why I won't. You're nothing but a man whore, Justin Bieber." I spat and turned on my heel and walked my way out that front door of school leaving Justin in his spot.

            Along the way, I passed a few of Justin's friends, one being Trevor, the guy I ignored when he simply was just introducing himself. "Bieber got burned again!" They laughed and high fived one another.

            I flipped my hair over my shoulder, happy about the little power I had putting Bieber in his place and calling him out. I just hope it didn't get me into more trouble with him.