Chapter 5

words 2112, above is Selena's house.

+

Ugh, I just had to ignore my mother's protest and argue with her that I wouldn't get cold, didn't I? I was no longer in Florida, I could not just step outside and enjoy the sunshine. No, now I had to deal with grey clouds and rain.

A shiver ran up my spine as I walked down the sidewalk pulling my light jacket closer to my body if possible. Actually, why did I agree to walk to the nearest store that was 5 blocks away to retrieve my 11-year-old sister some Tylenol? I should have made her endure this cold weather with me. Or, I should have asked mom for the car, I told myself rolling my eyes.

Walgreens finally came to view about 5 minutes later and a smile grew on my face. Opening the door with a ding of the bell, heat met my face and I sighed in content of the change of temperature. I walked towards the back of the store where I noticed the first aid and medication.

Looking at the rows of medication, I noticed the familiar Tylenol bottle and quickly grabbed it. The sooner I get home, the sooner I can get back in bed and watch Pretty Little Liars, I thought. Oh, and the more I can ignore Justin Bieber. For the past two days, Bieber has not given up on trying to catch my attention. Monday in my locker I found a single rose along with a note quoting a poem. How did he get that in my locker? I had no idea. Then yesterday I found another note in my locker, again, quoting Shakespeare along with my favorite chocolate, a Reese's. I was definitely freaked out about that because, how did he know I loved Reese's? My only idea was he had to definitely do some serious stalking on my twitter account and go way back to try and find if I mentioned it, because I am sure I have. That also means he had to find me first.

Walking up to the cash register, I also grabbed me a 7-Up and Gracie a Coke and a snickers bar. The lady rung me up and I handed her the 10-dollar bill mom gave me before I left. I gave her a smile and "have a nice day" while I grabbed the change, quickly stuffing it in my back-jean pocket, grabbing the bag and walked out back to be greeted by the cold weather.

I mean, it wasn't cold-cold, knowing it will probably be getting worse once the winter season comes along. However, coming from being used to 70-degree weather and higher to weather that can go down to 50, I was not sure how I was going to survive.

There was a creepy alley I had to past before getting back to the neighborhood and it screamed, 'hey kidnap me!' I swallowed when I heard a glass bottle being kicked and told myself to relax and show no fear. Yeah right, Gomez.

I came to a halt in front of the alley when I heard a familiar deep voice. I raised my eyebrow in curiosity and walked quietly but quickly in the alley and hid behind a big, but gross dumpster. Peaking around, I saw the brown hair boy I have been rejecting since he laid eyes on me.

"Do you have it?" He asked, irritation dripping from his voice.

"I told you I would get it Bieber." The other deep voice answered, with just as much irritation. "Here." He handed Justin a small white envelope.

What the heck! Realization hit me and my eyes went wide. I just witnessed a freaking drug deal! Justin Bieber does drugs! Holy crap! Holy crap! CRAP!

I backed away slowly, and of course being the dummy I am, not watching where I was going, I tripped over that stupid glass bottle and I fell, but not before my back hit a fire escape and I landed flat on my butt.