Chapter 19

i apologize in advance for unediting/not proof read mistakes and weird indent forming

comments and feed back ALWAYS welcome! i love reading comments!

also, welcome to selena's past, in the first half, you meet the girl selena gomez used to be

trigger warnings: suicide, bullying, and abuse; be prepared     

meet jared 

     I wasn't always the girl who focused on school instead of boys, or the one who received straight A's, didn't lie to their parents and made sure they were home on time

     I wasn't always the girl who focused on school instead of boys, or the one who received straight A's, didn't lie to their parents and made sure they were home on time. Believe it or not, I was total opposite in Florida of what I am now in Tacoma.

      When Brian announced his job was relocating him, mom was more than thrilled to move from hot, humid weather, to the chilly side. I'm sure it also had to do with trying to get me to make new, better friends and somewhat start over.

     I'll put it this way, back in Jupiter, I started out as a good student. Not a great student, but a decent one. Decent grades, group of friends, normal relationships with my teachers and a great boyfriend. Well so I thought.

     I was blinded and rushed by everything. I was once a 14-year-old going into high school with no friends, no clue who I was, a complete nerd who played sports. Maybe if I had taken up cheerleading, I would have been more popular from the beginning. Popularity never meant anything to me—until I got to high school. People could be mean; I will tell you that.

     I did have a friend, Emily, her name was. We had been friends since the second grade, however once the summer before ninth grade came, she got a boyfriend, ditched me and started to become my enemy for no reason at all.

     On the first day of school, she failed at trying to start a rumor that I was here illegally. I should've known her ass was racists. The way her parents looked at me, I had a feeling. Anyway, after the fail attempt at trying to get the school to shame me for being Mexican American, everyone looked at her differently, and I think that's the real reason why she hates me because everyone started hating her. Her boyfriend even broke up with her the first month into school.

     Weird story I know, but that's just the start. The first semester of freshman year in high school I stayed to myself, only talking to classmates when needed, keeping my nose busy in the books.

     January, I met Jessica, Alyssa and Danielle. Jessica and Danielle being a 14/15-year-old freshman like me, Alyssa a 15-year-old sophomore at the time. Jessica was on the soccer team with me and we instantly clicked when we met and from there, she introduced me to her friends.