Chapter 3

"Selena, I'm going to go get lunch," Mom announced walking into the main area of the shop from her office in the back. "Anything in particular you want?"

"Panera." I smiled widely and mom nodded.

"Be back in 20." She said and walked out of the shop leaving me to run this place on my own for the next 20 or so minutes.

It was Saturday so business was a little up than usual from the weekday. So far, we've had 30 customers within the 4 hour span we've been open and all 30 customers has bought something. I don't know how the word got around so fast about our shop, but it did and ever since, the shop has been busy. My mom has even thought about hiring more help because of it.

I kept myself busy behind the counter reading the newspaper when something caught my eye, or shall a say a someone caught my eye. My gaze landed on the familiar brown-haired boy that has been trying to gain my attention for the past week, Justin Bieber.

"Bieber Enterprise to Make a Major Change in a Few Years," the headline read which intrigued me so I went on to continue reading it. To sum it up, Justin Bieber, the oldest son of Jeremy Bieber ahead of Bieber's Enterprise was next in line to run the business in a few years. Well, I knew Justin Bieber was rich and played hockey for our school but I didn't know he was next in line to run a business.

I decided to do a little research on Justin Bieber by hearing gossip through the school, of course. From what I heard, he was handsome, the devil, a man-hoe, rich and the hockey team's co-captain. I was confused on the man-hoe issue until I heard from a girl that he humped her and dumped her. Then it clicked in my mind; Bieber was hollering at me to get in my pants.

I had planned on ignoring him even before I found that out, but it made me want to ignore him even more, so I did. It was kind of hard because it was like he knew my entire schedule, so I had to hide a few times, which caused me to be late to classes a few times but my teachers didn't seem to mind.

Bieber strutted around the school like he owned the damn place. Everyone girl fell to his feet as if he was God himself and most boys raged with jealousy but wanted to be his friend. But I wasn't about to be either of those people.

A few minutes passed when I heard the bell above the door ring, meaning someone had just walked in. I gave a light-hearted greeting, which was just a, 'welcome,' and continued looking through the paper. I didn't bother to look up to see who had come in, which was stupid of me because it could've been a burglar.

A throat cleared in front of me on the other side of the checkout counter. I looked up and saw that it was three girls from my new school: Jacey, Molly and Xenia. I had made previous observations about them in my journals. My conclusion of them was that they were always together unless it was separate classes and that they seemed like nice people. Well, Xenia was a little bit iffy, but I just noted that she made observations about people herself.

"How can I help you girls?" I asked politely.

"Hi, I came looking for a job and was wondering if y'all were hiring?" Jacey asked with a smile.

"Um, actually we are." I said and pulled out an application from a drawer in the counter. "Are all of you looking, or just you?"

"Just me." Jacey smiled. "How soon do you think I can start?" She asked as she filled out her application.