Chapter 11

i know i said i wasn't updating this book ever again, but i wanted to test the waters as i write new books

so short chapter, trying to feel out this book again. smut coming soon (maybe) 

hopefully my readers are still here

not proof read

It's been a week since I had dinner with Justin's family and was completely judged by his asshole of a father. I had planned on continuing to ignore Justin, but I remembered we still had 68 hours left of our project to complete. The project deadline was still weeks away, but it would be here sooner than I knew it so it was best that we got this completed that way I could go back to ignoring Justin.

It was currently Friday after school and I agreed to come to Justin's field hockey game and we could count that towards hours, since technically I was getting to know him as I observed the sport he enjoyed so much. It was fair since I told him he should come to a volleyball match of mines on Wednesday after school of the following week.

I was walking to the field when someone walked quickly to match my stride and I looked up to see Charlie. "Oh hi, Charlie." I greeted politely. I've been avoiding Charlie as well since he creeped me out. He was nice, but it was too sudden how he wanted to be friends. I only made out with him once and he thinks that is a reason for us to date, I'm assuming.

"What are you doing here at our game?" he asked and that's when I noticed he was wearing a uniform and mentally slapped myself for forgetting that he was on the team as well.

"Here to watch Justin." I said then retracted, "not in a creepy way. We were partnered up for project and this counts towards it." I added in and Charlie nodded.

"Well, can I catch you after the game? Maybe we can go grab some food?"

I shook my head. "After this I need to get home." I stated and walked away and headed towards the bleachers as he headed for the field.

When the team came to the field, the crowd cheered. I remembered Justin was number 4, so when I noticed him, I made sure to watch him and only him throughout the game. Sometimes I would get distracted though and watch his other teammates as I found myself enjoying this sport. It wasn't as violent as I thought it would be.

The game ended with our school winning. I was walking down the hall about to call my mom to pick me up, when Justin ran up to me all sweaty and dirty from the game.

"Leaving already?" He asked and I nodded. "Why don't you wait, and I can take you home? I just need to grab my stuff."

"What about a shower? I thought most of you showered here after a game?"

"I'll shower when I get home." Justin said and I gave him a disgusted look with a look of confusion in return from him.

"I don't want to ride in a car with you while you're all stinky." I answered the look on his face, and he laughed.

"It won't be that bad, I'll keep the windows down." Justin took no time to grab his things and we got into his car. "Quick change of plans, my mom made a delicious dinner and wants you to join us."

I shook my head. "No, I'm good."

"My dad is away on a business trip, so he won't be there." Justin added in and this time I thought about it. "You could all it as extra hours for our project."

Justin knew I couldn't resist. "Fine. You better not be lying to me though."

"Trust me, I'm not." He laughed. "Everyone in that house is happy he is away at the moment."

Justin began to drive to his house. "Why is your dad so uptight?" I asked, not holding back my filter.

He shrugged. "Just the way he grew up, I guess. He puts the pressure on all of his kids too, especially me."

"What kind of pressure?"

"Wanting me to take over the business once I graduate college, although business is not the major, I want to go into."

"Have you mentioned that to him?"

"Plenty of times, Selena. But he seems to not care. It's his way only; no other option." Justin sighed.

"There's always options, Justin. Our choices are reflections of our actions."

Justin pulled up to his house, and when we entered, Pattie came to the foyer and instantly got a smile when she saw me. "Selena, so good to see you!" she exclaimed. "I'm glad Justin could convince you to join us, again."

"Food is my weakness."

"Well, I ended up making an easy dinner, which is tacos, one of Justin's favorite."

"Thanks ma," Justin smiled and kissed the top of his mother's head.

A lot of things ran through my mind as I observed the Bieber's and joined them for dinner. Like for one, why wasn't his mom and siblings at his game today? Why does Pattie seem to be a lot happier when Jeremy isn't around—even the kids are happier. I know he could be a pain, but this happiness was different. I even noticed that this food, seemed like a meal she wouldn't usually cook if Jeremy was around. He seemed to want fancy dinners with salads and water, as this dinner was finger foods with soda on the side. It's like they had a different side to them with Jeremy was around compared to when he wasn't around.

The rest of the evening came, and I ended up staying to watch a movie with Justin and his siblings. We settled on Twilight, as Jazzy and I won the argument against Justin and Jaxon who wanted to watch Rocky.

Around ten, the teens went off to bed as Justin went to pick another movie since we stayed downstairs in the living room. "I should get home, it's late." I said even though my mom knew I was out with a 'friend' as I told her. She told me I could stay the night at this 'so called friends' house if I wanted but I knew for a fact, that wouldn't happen.

"It's only ten? Ask your mom if you can stay out for a few more hours?" Justin pouted. "Remember—"

"I know, it counts towards our project." I finished for him. "But it is late and I'm kind of tired.

"Stay here?" Justin offered and I shook my head.

"Justin, my mom would kill me if she knew I was staying with a boy."

"Then don't tell her. We have a spare bedroom you could sleep in." Justin seemed to really want me to stay as I tried to figure out his motives. "I enjoy your company, Selena."

"What are you trying to get at?"

"I'm not trying to get you to sleep with me, if that's what you're asking." Justin smirked.

"I knew it. I'm going home." I stated and stood up from the couch. Justin followed my movements with a laugh, shaking his head.

"I'm joking, Selena. I'm really not trying to get you to sleep with me, okay?" Justin looked me in the eyes. "First off, my siblings and mom are here, and I have a feeling you're not quiet in bed."

"Just can't give up the jokes, huh Justin?" I laughed.

"I find it fun."