Chapter 9

The weekend came and went. I spent most of my time locked in my room, too embarrassed to come out. My parents didn't find out what happened, heck; I don't even remember what happened on Friday night.

The very little I do remember is grinding on Justin Bieber and practically throwing myself at Justin Bieber. I wanted to avoid school at all costs knowing as soon as I stepped foot in the building, Justin wouldn't let me live down what had gone down on Friday.

To add to that, the fact I also made out with some random dude after Justin pissed me off—the same dude that I was associating myself with before Justin had arrived at the party. It wasn't like me; I usually wouldn't let even a boy look in my direction if I didn't know simple facts about him. Well, in Florida I did have a boyfriend, even for the littlest bit of time even though he was a dïck to me.

"Selena, honey!" I heard my mother's voice from the other side of my bedroom door, "are you coming down for breakfast before school? You have less than ten minutes before we have to leave!"

I sighed and gave my appearance a once over before grabbing my backpack and cell phone. I wanted to lay low and blend in as much as possible, so I settled on a green dingy hoody, my black leggings and low top platform black and white vans. My hair was thrown up in a high messy pony tail, my face free of makeup except for concealer, mascara and lip balm.

"Oh look, she's alive." My sister Gracie joked. I stuck my tongue out at her and she repeated my actions.

I took a bite out of one of the fresh muffins my mom had baked this morning, pairing it with yogurt and granola. I was surprised I could eat with my stomach turning with the reality of needing to face Justin and whoever that guy was I spent some of my time flirting with. Was his name Chance? Or maybe his name was Chester?

Ten minutes quickly went by and soon I was in the passenger seat of my mom's car with Gracie in the backseat. My heart raced up with every passing moment. I don't know why I was so freaked out—Justin was just a guy. Who knows, maybe he doesn't even remember Friday himself. Oh yeah, that could be it! So, I kept that in mind to keep my nerves at bay. However, it didn't last long.

As soon as my mother pulled up in front of my school, I wished to be swallowed whole. I swallowed before I opened the car door. "Bye sweetie! Don't forget Jacey is giving you a ride to the shop today!" My mother announced before pulling off to drop Gracie off at school.

I slowly made my way towards the school and pulled my hood up. Lucky for me, no one has noticed me yet. Well, either that or they didn't care enough about me. Either way, I was perfectly fine with both.

When I made it to my locker with no problem, I silently cheered. Quickly grabbing my things needed for my first few classes, I let out a breath of relief too soon. I felt a body presence behind me and when I turned around, I nearly jumped.

It was a guy, just a few inches taller than me, brown hair and his eyebrow lightly shaven. Why did he look familiar?

"Um, hello." I greeted. Who was this guy?

"Hi Selena." He smiled showing off his teeth. "Feeling any better from Friday?"

I swallowed. No, no, no this cannot be happening. "Uh, yeah?" I nodded.

"That's good to hear." He kept smiling. If I was creeped out from his constant staring and smiling, it only increased when he leaned in like he was going to kiss me, and I had to push him away.

"Woah, woah, woah." I said pushing at his chest. "Who are you first of all? Secondly, what was that?" It came out way harsh than I intended.