Chapter 24

i had to edit chapter 14 because i realized i said jaxon was 10 in that chapter when he's 13. so selena & justin are 16, jaxon is 13, jazymn is 12, gracie is 13

also, i like to not put in too much detail about side characters (like friends) because i want to leave that to your imagination! any race, ethnicity, height, etc.

comment, vote and SHARE ❤️

     The rest of the day, I couldn't get Selena off of my mind. I was worried about her. I didn't mean to hurt her, but I didn't think telling her about Charlie's innocent notes meant that much.

     I thought about it; Charlie couldn't have been the one to send her flowers and chocolate. For one, he only told me he sent her notes and I'm sure Charlie wouldn't have kept that much from me, would he?

     Charlie's personality didn't call for that. Whatever he did—he announced it. Like he had to brag about Selena making out with him although she was drunk. He didn't care, she had paid attention to him. Charlie was too lazy to buy flowers or buy anything for a girl.

     So, when school ended and practice ended, I had the idea to go talk to him. Coach wasn't happy about Charlie's decisions and made us condition for an additional 30 minutes. It was either that, or with our games coming up. We had a game on Friday and Saturday this week. The Friday game being a home game and the Saturday game being away in Bellingham, Washington which was a two-hour bus ride.

     With the fall season ending, our field hockey team will end up transitioning over to ice hockey which I was stoked about. It took a lot of convincing for the school board to add in ice hockey since it was so violent at times.

     Practice ended and I went to try and find Selena at her volleyball practice, but when I got there, I noticed her teammates but no Selena.

     "Where's Selena?" I asked.

     A brunette shrugged. "Don't know she didn't show up. Coach says she went home sick earlier."

     "I saw her go to the principal's office earlier, I wonder if that has anything to do with it." A blonde added in.

     "Thanks." I nodded and the girls told me 'welcome' before going on with their conversation. I felt like the girls that were on the volleyball team and soccer team were the only ones who didn't chase after me. It was mainly the cheerleading and dance team.

     I drove straight to Charlie's house, seeing his car in the driveway unmoved. Knocking lightly on his door, he opened within a minute later looking as if he hasn't slept in days.

     "Here to give me a lecture, Bieber? Because I don't need it." Charlie said and walked away from the door, but left it open for me to enter his house.

     "No lecture, Pearch." I said. "Only a bit of regret not telling Selena." I sighed.

     "Why would you regret not telling her?" He asked sitting on the arm of the couch in his living room. "You have no involvement with her other than having the biggest crush on her."

     "I do not like Selena." I argued.

     Charlie scoffed, "So you are telling me you just want to get in her pants?"

     "Yeah," I nodded, my answer coming out less steady than I intended.

     "I don't believe it." Charlie laughed. "I notice the way you looked at her the day she walked through those doors. Yeah, maybe at first you just wanted a quick fück, but something changed after a couple of weeks, Justin."