Chapter 2

Hermione woke up the next day earlier than usual. She was going to be waiting for one of the Order member bring her the ingredients for the potion. She sat down in her favorite chair and started to read her book. It was nice to just sit there while everyone else was asleep. Hermione did not hear the footsteps coming down from the stairs.

Charlie slowly walked down to not wake anyone up. He thought he was the only one up. But when he entered the living room there he was Hermione sitting there. She was reading a potion book. He walked over to her and said,

"Here I thought I was the only one that got up before my mother."

Hermione jumped a little bit and looked straight at Charlie. He was grinning at her and sat down on the arm of the chair. He looked at the book and saw that she was reading about the polyjuice potion. He looked at her with an eye brow raised and said,

"Why are you reading about potions?"

"I was just refreshing my memory on the polyjuice potion. It has been a while since I have made it. I just hope I can do it right." Hermione said sighing.

"Am I hearing this right? Am I hearing that you are scared that you are going to mess up?" Charlie asked shocked.

All he heard from his family about Hermione was that she was a strong confident witch. He could not believe what he was seeing right now. She was doubting herself. He got up and stretched out his hand to her. Hermione looked at him confused. She tilted her head and raised her eye brow looking at him.

"I want to show you something." Charlie said.

Hermione took his hand and followed him out of the house. They walked around to the backyard. He took her to the oak tree by the pond in the backyard. She always loved coming here during the summer. It was peaceful. But in the morning it seemed much more calm and peaceful like magical. She looked toward Charlie and saw how he was happy there. She smiled at that. It was interesting that they both had the same favorite place.

"What do you think?" Charlie asked sitting down by the tree.

"It seems magical here. I always loved being here but I never seen it like this. It is beautiful." Hermione said smiling.

"Remember this when you are doubting yourself. If nature can do the impossible by making the simplest things magical then I know that you can do the impossible." Charlie spoke the truth.

Hermione looked at Charlie. She thought it was so sweet of him to say that. She knows that everyone believed in her but hearing him tell her that she could do anything and compared her to something so beautiful like nature is amazing. Hermione smiled at Charlie and they sat there in silence.

They sat there for a few hours watching nature come alive in the morning. Charlie looked over his shoulder and saw how the house started to wake up. He looked over and saw that Hermione has leaned her head on his shoulder and was just enjoying her surroundings. Charlie heard the iron gates open up and saw Minerva McGonagall walking up to the house. He tapped Hermione's arm and pointed. Hermione got up and looked over. She figured out why she were here. Hermione started to walk up to the Burrow and Charlie followed right behind her. They entered the kitchen to see everyone awake. They all looked at the door to see Hermione and Charlie were standing there.

"Professor," Hermione started to say.

"I have come to give you these." McGonagall said handing Hermione the ingredients. McGonagall leaned in and whispered to Hermione,

"You may not want to use it all."

Hermione looked at her confused and watched as McGonagall walked away. She said her goodbyes to everyone and left the Weasley to their breakfast. Hermione sat down and looked at all the ingredients. There was more than she needed. Then it hit her, it all mad sense now. Even if McGonagall did not know what they were planning on doing she knew that they were going to need some help. Hermione smiled and saw that all the Weasleys were looking at her.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"Where were you at this morning?" Ginny asked.

"Charlie and I went for a walk around the ground. We did not want to wake anyone up. We lost track of time and did not realize we were gone for so long." Hermione explained.

She smiled toward Charlie and took a seat right next to Ron. She leaned in and whispered,

"We need to talk later."