Chapter 10

"You were right about that one. She is an asset to everything."

Hermione walked back to the Gryffindor common room and saw the room was quiet. She ended up into the kitchen. Hermione did not want to deal with people right now. She looked around and saw all the house elves look at her happily. Wink walked over and asked,

"How can Winky help miss?"

"I was wondering if I could have something to eat. Just something simple is fine." Hermione asked kindly.

She knew that the house elves like doing what they do but she will never give up on S.P.E.W. but just change her thoughts on it. She sat down in the corner and watched the house elves go to work. Winky brought her over with a plate for her and another one as a cup of pumpkin juice for her. Hermione thanked them and started to eat. She didn't realize that she was so hungry but she was.

She heard the kitchen door open and saw no other than Draco Malfoy coming in. She stayed in the shadows as he walked in. She did not know what to do or say. Hermione just watched Draco closely. He turned to the corner where Hermione was. She saw him smirk at her and say,

"Granger we don't have hide."

"Speak for yourself Malfoy. Some of us are wanted even at Hogwarts." Hermione said leaning forward to look at Draco in the face.

"Well, no one can disagree on that. You are one of the most wanted and it is interesting none of them are coming after you since you got here." Draco admitted.

"I think they know what is best for them. I am the smartest witch of our generation. So I know a few things." Hermione admitted with an evil smirk.

Draco snickered and sat down across of her. Winky brought him some food and he started to eat. They stayed in silence for a while. Hermione just watched him slowly making sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

"Don't worry Granger. I am not stupid. I learned my lesson form third year." Draco said between sipping on his pumpkin juice.

"Why did you not eat in the Great Hall? It's still going on." Hermione asked curious.

"I think the same reason you don't. Am I right? You don't want to deal with people right now or the spotlight?" He asked raising an eye brow questioning Hermione.

Hermione huffed and said,

"I guess you are right. But who are you hiding from?"

Draco looked at Hermione and knew that she was not going to let it go. He sighed and said,

"Everyone, mostly the two twin death eaters."

Hermione raised her eye brow confused. She did not expect that to be Draco's answer. She looked at Draco and asked,

"Did you even wanted to be a death eater?"

Draco shook his head no and said,

"I did it to protect my mother. My father and crazy aunt forced me to be. I hate it!"

Hermione was thinking and smirked.

"What if I said that you could help me in a way? Would you?" Hermione asked.

Draco looked at her curious and asked,

"What are you thinking about Granger?"

"Well I know a few people that are spies for me here but I will not tell you who they are. I was wondering if you wanted to join forces and in return I promise you that you and your mother will not get hurt or consequences when the war is over. What do you think?" Hermione asked.

Draco raised an eye brow and said,

"Well, Granger I think that.....