Chapter 19

*Hermione's POV*

I looked around the room of requirements. Everyone was getting settled. Ginny and Neville came up to me and asked,

"So, what do we do now?"

"For now, anyone is welcomed to come and go if they please but we have to be careful until winter break." I explained.

Neville nodded and said,

"Winter break is going to be different. We all are going to be on edge. What are your plans Hermione?"

"I am debating whether to stay at Hogwarts to protect everyone here who stays here or got with Ginny to see her family." I said.

"What about your parents? Wouldn't you like to know if they are alright?" Neville asked.

I did not know what to say. I could feel the tears trying to escape from my eyes. I sighed and just shook my head and said,

"It would be better if I didn't."

I walked away and left it at that.

*Ginny's POV*

I looked over to Neville and I could see the confusion in his face. I did not know what that was about. I know that her parents are muggles and she want to keep them safe but still. I left Neville and followed Hermione. She was talking to Luna. I sat down by them and asked,

"Hermione, what was that about?"

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." Hermione said trying to avoid the question.

"Hermione I have known you for a while and I know that something is bothering you. Please talk to us." I asked.

Hermione looked around the room and saw that no one was looking. She looked over to me and Luna and Neville. She sighed and said,

"I can't see my parents because I have no idea where they are at. I erased their memories of having a daughter and anything about our family. They have a new life and name."

She whipped the tears away and did not say anything else. I did not know what to say. I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a hug. I did not know the sacrifice she did for her family's safety. I know I would not be able to do it.

"Does Harry and Ron know what you did?" Neville asked quietly.

Hermione shook her head no and said,

"They left before we could say anything. I did it to keep my parents safe and also because incase I was not able to come back they would not have to grieve of me. I know it sounds harsh but it's the truth."

Luna whipped a tear from her eyes and did not know what to say. Hermione looked over to us and said,

"I think I am going for a walk. I will be back in a little bit."

*Hermione's POV*

I started to walk down the halls and started to wander around. I did not know where I was going. Right then I felt some one following me. I whipped my wand out and turned around to see...