Chapter 9

The next few days were not normal. None of us expected Hogwarts to be like this. Hermione worried about Ron and Harry every day at every moment but she had to also think about herself and the students here at Hogwarts. Everyone was not feeling safe at Hogwarts anymore.

Everyone but Slytherins started to walk in pairs or groups with first years to feel safer. They all need hope and Hermione was trying her best to show them that hope. The new teachers were a nightmare and did whatever they wanted.

"Now torture him!" The death eater screamed at Neville.

"No! I will not do that!" Neville spatted back.

Hermione looked at Neville and grinned. She knew that he would not do anything to hurt anyone. But she knew what was coming next. Hermione jumped up and screamed,

"You hurt him, you will have to deal with me."

Everyone in the class room stayed quiet and it was a stare down between the two death eaters and Hermione. Neville stood next to Hermione and glared at them too. Both death eaters grinned and the women said,

"I guess we each get to have fun brother. You take the boy and I will take the girl."

They took the wand out but Hermione already had her wand out and was ready to fight. She was not going to back down and let them torture her or her friends anymore. Neville stood right beside her ready to act too. Everyone else stepped back to not be in the cross fire.

Neville feel onto the floor screaming. Hermione looked over and saw the male death eater casting the crucio curse onto him. Hermione didn't have to think. All you saw was both death eaters fly across the room and hit into the wall. Hermione helped Neville up and stood in front of him when the two death eaters got back up. They looked pissed and Hermione was ready to go. The bell rang and most of the students ran out of the room. Hermione walked to the door with Neville and turned around to say,

"There is more where that came from if you ever touch on of my friends again."

You could see the anger in Hermione's eyes when she said that. Both death eaters looked to each other and let Hermione leave with Neville. Hermione walked down the hall and everyone already heard about what just happened in DADA. People started to whisper and point to Hermione. Hermione lead Neville back to Gryffindor common room. She found Ginny there waiting.

"Is it true? Did you fight back with the two new DADA professors?" Ginny asked running over to Neville and Hermione.

"Yeah, she was amazing. Didn't even say a spell or flick her wand to take both out and through them across of the room." Neville started to brag.

Hermione just shrugged and smiled. She knew that she was powerful but there was moments where she even surprised herself. Ginny looked over to Hermione and said,

"You better be ready for them to retaliate after you. This is already over the whole school and they are not going to like this at all."

"I know but I am not going to stand of it. They have no right to tell us to use this dark magic. Hogwarts is about the light and good. As long as I am here at Hogwarts I am going to try to bring that back. You all can trust me on that." Hermione said looked around the room at everyone.

There was smiles and cheering. Hermione wanted them to have hope and be ready to fight back when needed. We walked down to dinner that night. I was with Neville, Luna and Ginny. We were about enter the Great Hall when I heard,

"Miss Granger can you please follow me?"

I turned around to be faced with Headmaster Snape. It was still strange to think of him as headmaster. I turned to Ginny and the others and nodded to them to go in. I followed Snape up to his office. I saw Dumbledore's portrait hanging there. It was odd seeing him there instead in the office personally.

"What is the problem Headmaster?" I asked knowing exactly what it was.

"I got word from your Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers that you were not complying in class today and that you attacked them." Snape explained to her.

"I did not attack them. They were the ones who started it. It is dishonorable to Hogwarts to be forcing us to perform dark magic in school. This is not what Hogwarts is all about and you are just ruining it by allowing these scum here in the first place. How can you live with yourself and look at Dumbledore and say that you are going right?" I asked him pointing at Dumbledore's portrait.

Snape glanced at Dumbledore's portrait and just sighed. He did not know what to say or do. He knew that Hermione was right but there was nothing he could do about it. He was a spy for the light and had to make sure it looked like he was on the dark side. If he did not allow for the death eaters to be here then Voldemort would know something was going on.

Snape looked over to Hermione and said,

"I know that you think you know everything that is going on Miss Granger but you don't."

I looked from Dumbledore's portrait and back to Snape. I gave him a look that said that you don't think I know. Snape raised an eyebrow and did not say anything. He did not know what I was thinking.

"Sir they don't call me the brightest witch of my generation for nothing." I told him with a grin.

Before he could say anything I turned to the door and asked,

"Is that all sir?"

"Yes Miss Granger. But don't let me hear anything else about you attacking a teacher ever again." Snape said giving me a look of confusion.

As I was leaving I could hear him say to Dumbledore's portrait,

"You were right about that one. She is an asset to everything."