Chapter 8

They turned around to be face with Draco Malfoy. Hermione just sighed and said,

"What do you want ferret?"

"I thought that Mudbloods were banded from here." Draco spatted at Hermione.

Hermione snickered and said,

"Well, as you can see. I am here and I'm going nowhere. Come on Neville Ginny."

Hermione climbed into the carriage with them and sat there silence. She took in a big breath and tried to relax. This was going to be the end of everything. Hermione knew it and she was going to be ready for it. She looked over to Ginny and Neville.

"This is bigger than us. Bigger than anyone." Neville spoke up.

Hermione nodded and they entered the school. Everyone was whispering as she entered the Great Hall. Hermione tried to ignore the talk and whispers. Neville came beside her and placed his hand on hers and smiled. Hermione returned the smile. The Great Hall went silent. Hermione turned to the front of the Great Hall, where the teachers sat. There sat two Death Eaters. They were staring at Hermione and she was staring at them.

Snape stood up to start the opening speech. Snape started to speak and Hermione stood up and screamed,

"Dumbledore would be discussed in you!"

Almost everyone started to cheer. Some were clapping and cheering Hermione on. She looked over the Death Eaters. They were glaring at her. Hermione looked over to McGonagall and she was smiling. The teachers did not like this at all but they were glad that Hermione was back.

"Miss Granger sit down. Now!" Snape yelled.

"You are not supposed to be headmaster. You are a coward! McGonagall is the rightful Headmistress of this school. You are just bringing it down. Dumbledore always believed in everyone safety and education. But with these scum!" Hermione pointed to the two Death Eaters. "You have destroyed all of that. You are a coward like Peter Pettigrew!"

Hermione stormed out of the Great Hall and went to Gryffindor's common room. She heard foot steps behind her. Hermione turned around with her wand out. She was face to face with McGonagall. McGonagall smiled and gave Hermione a hug.

"When they told me you were coming back. I didn't believe them. But here you are. I'm glad you are here. This gives everyone hope and a reason to fight." She said.

Hermione nodded and they kept walking to the common room. Hermione turned to McGonagall and said,

"I don't know where they went and I am not going to tell you where at. I know that they might try to kidnap me here but I will not allow them. I know I have at least the DA Army to back me up. I have back up plans McGonagall."

McGonagall nodded and let Hermione enter Gryffindor's common room. Hermione sat down in one of the chairs in front of the fire. She waited for everyone to come back. While she wait she started to write letters to everyone.

Lupin,

I know you said to keep my head down but I did not. I already know that there are two death eaters here as the Defense Against the Dark Arts. I will keep you updated soon. Be safe. I know that I am going to have a hard time this year. But I am ready for it.

Hermione

Hermione took out another parchment and wrote a letter to Mrs. Weasley. Then she started to write a letter to Charlie.

Charlie,

How is everyone there? Are you doing well? I know that I am already starting trouble here. Have you heard from Percy yet? I know that he is safe. Hope everything in Romania is doing well. I would love to see a dragon one day. I had a great summer hanging out with you. I would really like to keep in contact with each other Charlie. You are one of the only few people that I trust. Hope work is doing well and that we talk soon.

Hermione

Hermione walked out to the owlery and sent the letters. As she walked back Hermione felt something hit her back. Hermione turned around to be faced with Slytherins. Pansy was grinning at her. Hermione nodded toward Pansy and started dueling the Slytherins. By the end Hermione walked away from four unconcise Slytherins. She entered the Gryffindor common room smiling to see it backed.

Ginny ran up to Hermione and wrapped her arms around her. Hermione gave Ginny a hug and said,

"I am alright Ginny. No scratch on me."

She spun around and showed her. Ginny smiled and said,

"We came back here and did not know where you went. Where did you go?"

"I went to the owlery to send letters out. Then I was interrupted by four worms. But I took care of them." Hermione explained. She sat down with Ginny and Neville to tell them of the duel between Pansy and the three other Slytherins.

Neville laughed and Ginny was smiling at this. They thought it was funny that Hermione took down four pureblood Slytherins. Hermione snickered and said,

"I know but they had to learn their lessons. But I know that this year was going to be way different than any other year. We have to stick together and be strong. This is all we have."