Chapter 17

Hermione nodded and took the spells down. They walked out and went their own ways. Hermione then felt another set of eyes following her. She turned to be faced with Charlie Weasley.

"Knew I would find you somewhere around here sneaking around." Charlie stated.

She smiled to him and took him by the hand. They walked down different secret passages and ended up in Gryffindor common room. Everyone was in there as it was almost curfew. Ginny looked up and smiled to Hermione. She was surprised to see Charlie with her. Ginny ran over to him and asked,

"What are you doing here? How did you get past the two goons?"

"Oh I know a few tricks and also Fred and George shared their little secret. Isn't that right Hermione?" Charlie explained.

Hermione smirked and winked at him. She let go of his hand and hugged Charlie. She did not want to let go but she knew everyone was starring. The warmth of his body left her quickly. She turned around and said,

"Nothing to see here. Go do something or go to bed all of you." She then turned back to Charlie and said,

"It's good to see you. Have you been getting my letters? I only get a few back. I think they are trying to intersect my letters. But we will figure out a way to contact each other without owls. How is everyone in the Order? Have you heard anything?" Hermione asked worried.

Charlie guided her to the couch. Neville moved quickly and sat in one of the chairs so that Charlie could sit with Hermione on the couch. He smiled to her and said,

"Everyone is alright and there was an attack in a small muggle café with two death eaters unconscious. They could not remember why they were there. I think it was because,"

"Was it in the middle of London on the main street?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah how did you know that? What do you know?" Charlie asked.

"Do you think it was them?" Neville asked.

"It was defiantly them. I used to go there with my parents when I was young. Only Harry and Ron knew about that small café. Harry and I had plans to meet there one day a long time ago during our years at Hogwarts. But never got around to it because he was never in muggle London. They were there. But when were they there? Was it before the Ministry break in or after?" Hermione stated.

She had that look in her eyes that told you that she was thinking. Ginny smirked to Neville and he watched Charlie. He smiled to Ginny and mouthed,

"Does he like her?"

Ginny nodded. Hermione looked over to Ginny and asked,

"What was that all about?"

Neville started to laugh with Ginny and said,

"We can never get anything past you Hermione. Can we?"

Hermione just smirked and said,

"This was not the only thing you came was it? Is it about the break in at the Misistry? Because I have already told you in our letters I have nothing to say there."

"No everyone knows that you will not tell a soul about what is going on with Harry and Ron.

"You know it hurts that I did not get to know by them but in the Prophet. But it was probably in one of the letters that I never got. Will you tell the others that I have not been getting their owls and we need to think of another way to contact each other about this type of information?" Hermione asked.

"Of course I will pass it on. But I want to show you this. At the café we found this. Does it look familiar?" He asked.

There he had a small beaded bag with him. Hermione grabbed it from his hands and looked inside it. She cursed and said,

"Those twats. They took mostly everything. At least they were smart to leave that map. This will be helpful. But I wish we had the cloak. But they need it more." Hermione was rambling.

"So I take it that it's yours?" Charlie asked smirking.

"Yes, the two idiots took it from me when they left because I had everything in here. But thank you for bringing it back. At least I know that they are alright right for now."

Neville looked over to Ginny and said,

"I think I am going to go to bed. What about you Ginny?"

She looked over to the two and nodded,

"Yeah I think that is a good idea. Night you two. Nice seeing you Charlie. Be safe will you."

"Will do little sister. You too." He said a she left the room.

Hermione looked around and saw everyone was mostly leaving. It made her laugh a little. Charlie raised an eye brow and asked,

"What is so funny Miss Granger?"

"Well, Mr. Weasley if you looked around I think my own house it trying to set me up." She said with a smirk and a light laugh.

Charlie watched Hermione stare into the fire. She looked so peaceful and calm right now. Hermione leaned back into Charlie and sighed,

"Charlie, at the café was anyone hurt? Do you know when they were at the café? Was there any," Hermione could not finish her sentence.

"There was no blood or sign of torture. It looked like your two boys got out of there unharmed. No we do not. There were no clues on when they were there. Sorry Hermione." Charlie stated.

You could see the relief in her eyes. But still a little sorrow. It did help a little bit but she still worried about them and their safety. Hermione rested her head on his shoulder and asked,

"Do you have to leave right now?"

"No, I can sneak out in the morning. If that is alright with you?" He asked.

"That is totally alright with me. Tell me something." Hermione asked.

"What do you want to know?" He asked.

"Tell me a story about your dragons and Romania."

They stayed like that the whole night. Charlie sharing stories about his life in Romania. Not long after Hermione fell asleep in his arms. He moved a hair out of the way and closed his eye too. They stayed like that for the rest of the night. There was no worries and concerns when it was just those two together.