Chapter 16

Hermione headed towards the Great Hall. She was lost in thought, thinking of her two best friends. They were out there in the world somewhere and she didn't know anything but what she hears from the news and the Order. But that wasn't much.

Hermione felt like someone was following her. She looked over her shoulder but there was no one there. Instead of going to the Great Hall she made a turn and cornered the followers. She was faced with a group and smiled to them.

"This way." Hermione stated heading to an empty classroom.

"How do we know that no one is listening?" One of them asked.

Hermione started to cast spells around the room and then said,

"You are able to speak freely now. No one will be able to enter or hear what is going on in this room. There are so many different spells casted that if an intruder tries to get in it would notify us and they would not be able to detect an individual spell to even try to get in."

They all nodded and then and one of the Slytherins said,

"Alright Granger, what is going on?"

"What do you got for me?" She asked.

"I know is that you are making the two new teachers be concerned about their way of approach on getting control over the school. Also you and your friends are giving back hope that everyone is needed. I think it was the best thing that those two idiots left you behind. You are meant to be here to lead us all." The Slytherin said.

"Well, thanks for the encouragement Pansy. But what is it that you know about what's going on outside the school. I can see with my own eyes that I have gave those two death eaters a run for their money. Draco, Blaise what do you know?" She asked.

"Well Hermione, I know is that Ol' Snake Face is trying to recruiter those of neutral that doesn't want to get involved with the war. But he is not getting a lot of them because they went into hiding or is already protected by your side." Blaise explained.

Hermione nodded and then looked toward Draco. She knew he had more information than the others because it was basted at his house. Draco sighed and said,

"Your friends are creating a lot of trouble for him. He was not pleased about the break in and attack in the Ministry. But I thought it was great that they attacked the old toad. I think you know what they are looking for. He is being very secretive about it all. No one knows what he is hiding from his followers but they trust him. The numbers have tripled since we have the giants and a few werewolves on our side now. I have personally sent a few of the ones that did not want to join his side to your side and the orders. I don't know much right now. I will know more when he request me back to my house."

"Alright. And about Harry and Ron they had a reason to go into the Ministry. It may have not been a safe or good idea but they are doing right. I just have one question. Have Ol' Snake Face been protective of something lately?" Hermione asked.

"Like what?" They asked confused.

"Like, has he been keeping something close to him more often or asked one of his trusted members to guard something for him?" Hermione explained.

"Well, he has asked Bella to put a goblet into her safe. Also he has been keeping a close eye on his precious snake Nagini. He won't let her out of his sight and she is in a protective barrier when he goes out with her." Draco explained.

Hermione nodded and said,

"That helps a lot. I know now more to help Harry and Ron. But I wish I would be able to tell them this but I don't know where they would be."

Hermione huffed and just sat down on a desk. Blaise came over to her and asked,

"This is hard on you, isn't? Not knowing where two people you care about is nowhere to be seen. And there is nothing you can do about it."

"Yeah, we have been through everything. And they just decide on their own to leave me here. How could they do that to me. We promised each other that we would stick together no matter what." Hermione said with a sad face.

"Well, it's their loose. We gained a great advantage. You being here just gives the school more hope and power we need. You and the Weasley girl, Longbottom and Lovegood shows everyone that it is no time to give up. You four are the leaders we need to grow our power and be ready for anything." Draco explained.

Hermione stood up and nodded. She could not believe that she was having this conversation with them. If you told her that she would be communication with Slytherins a year ago she would never believe it but war changes things. She looked around and said,

"We better go our separate ways before someone notices anything. I just need to warn you about one more thing. We will be going into hiding soon. At least to protect the first years. When we do, I am going to need your ears and eyes more often. I can trust you three right?"

"You can defiantly trust me. I never wanted to be on the wrong side." Blaise stated.

"You can trust me. I know what is the right thing. And the right thing is to be on the light side if I want to survive." Pansy said.

"I never wanted this. You already are protecting my mother so I owe you enough to do this. My mother and I never wanted to be involved with any of this. If there is anything I could do I will do it." Draco explained.

Hermione nodded and took the spells down. They walked out and went their own way. Hermione then felt another set of eyes following her. She turned to be faced with....