Chapter 5

Hermione turned to see Charlie standing there. She quickly whipped the tears away. She looked around the room and saw something missing. She quickly went downstairs and said,

"Has anyone seen my bag?"

Everyone shook their heads and said no. Hermione got frustrated and started to whisper to herself,

"I can't believe them. When I get my hand on them they are going to regret it. I swear Harry and Ron you are going to wish you did not leave me behind."

Everyone was staring at her. They were all confused. Hermione sighed and was about to say something until Molly asked,

"Where is Ron and Harry?"

"Gone." Hermione said.

Everyone looked at her confused. They could not believe that Harry and Ron would leave Hermione behind. Hermione sat down on the couch and Ginny ran over to her to give her a hug. The rest of the Weasley family surrounded her to try to comfort her. The guest just stood there in silence. No one knew what to do. Hermione got up and looked at the members of the Order and said,

"We have to do something about this. Even if the Ministry is down we are going to have to be careful. People are going to have to go in hiding and stay low. We are going to have to act normal in public. It's not safe anywhere anymore."

"What do we do then Hermione? We need a plan." Remus spoke up.

Everyone looked confused as Remus looked at Hermione and asked her that question. Were they really going to take order from a teenager? A random guest spoke up and said,

"Are we really going to listen to a teenager? She knows nothing about this war."

Everyone in the room face him and could not believe what he was saying. Remus looked at him and asked,

"Who are you? I don't think I know you. Anyone here knows who he is?"

People shook their heads and said no. He looked over to Bill and Fluer. They shook their head and said no. Hermione walked over to him with her wand out. She stood in front of him and said,

"Who are you? Who sent you?"

He did not say a word. She raised her wand and said,

"If you know what is best for you then you would talk. I know over hundreds of different spells that I can use to get you to talk."

The guy looked scared and Fred spoke up and said,

"I would listen to her if I were you. She is not called the smartest witch of our generation for nothing."

"She is bluffing." George finished Fred's sentence.

"Fine I'll talk. A Death Eater sent me, he knew that you would not think anything different about an extra with this big crowd of people. He wanted me to watch and get back to him. He wants information."

"Who sent you? What Death Eater sent you?" Hermione asked.

She looked around and saw everyone watching her. Remus nodded and she continued,

"Was it one of the top ranked Death Eaters? Bellatrix, Luscious, how about Vol-"

"Don't say his name!" The man yelled.

"What do you mean? Why can't we say his name?" Hermione asked.

The man did not say anything. He refused to speak. Hermione raised her wand again and the man yelled,

"He tabooed his name. Now when you say it he will come."

Hermione faced Remus in shock. This was not good. Harry was in danger now. Only a few people say his name. The order, Harry, Hermione, and Dumbledore. Since a few of those people are dead mostly Dumbledore everyone was in trouble. Hermione turned back to the man and asked,

"Who sent you? Tell me now or I will start casting spells."

The man did not say anything at first, but when Hermione raised her wand the man started to talk again,

"It was Luscious Malfoy! He's one me, he one want answers!"

Hermione raised her wand and said,

"Obliviate!"

She erased his memories and turned to look at Remus. He smiled at him and said,

"He won't remember anything. We will be safe for right now. Take him to an abandoned street and leave him there. He will find his way home."

Everyone looked at Hermione shocked. Fred and George looked at her and said,

"Who are you and what have you done with Granger?"

"Very funny guys. But I have done this stuff before. How else do you think Ron and Harry stayed alive all these years so far?" Hermione said the truth.

Everyone who understood what Hermione was talking about nodded their heads. If it was not for Hermione, Harry and Ron would be practically dead by now. She was the brains of their friendship and they would not survive with out her.

Hermione sat back down on the couch and covered her face. She could not stop thinking about what Harry and Ron did to her. The moment kept going through her mind. The looks they gave her when they left. They were never going to take her with them. She could tell that was the plan all along. Hermione felt so stupid.

"I can't believe I was so stupid about this. How could they do this to me? I helped them through everything. I am the one that got them prepared for this mission. They just left me here. I am so stupid for trusting them to not leave me. What am I supposed to do now?" Hermione asked herself.

"Hermione, Harry and Ron are stupid. They should know that they should have never left you. They are not going to last a week out there without you. They are going to do something stupid and regret everything. When they do they will be crawling back to you for forgiveness and you should not give it to them. They do not deserve it." Fred said sitting beside her.

"That's the thing. They are going to last more than a week. They took my bag that had everything in it that will help them survive. It had all my books, the map, and the cloak. They knew what they were doing. I can't believe they left me behind on purpose. I trusted them, they are my best friends." Hermione said the last sentence and started to cry again.

Molly took her into her arms and calmed her down. Hermione just sat there letting Molly fuss over her. This was a hard time for everyone but much worse for Hermione. She sat there in silence while Molly went to make some tea for everyone.

"What am I supposed to do now? I have no where else to go." Hermione asked.

"What about your parents? Can't you go to them and see them for right now?" George asked.

Hermione just shook her head no. She has not told anyone yet what she did to her parents.

"I can't. They won't remember me. I erased all their memories of me and gave them a new life. No one will ever find them. They will be safe and happy there until the war is over or if anything happens to me then they won't remember anything." Hermione admitted.

"Well, then you are going to stay here with us and go to Hogwarts with Neville and me." Ginny admitted to her.

"But I thought muggle-borns were not allowed back at Hogwarts?" Hermione asked.

"Well they are. The new headmaster changed his mind." Ginny said discussed.

"Who is the new headmaster? I thought the job was McGonagall's." Hermione asked.

"McGonagall got over ruled now that the Ministry is overpowered. Its professor,