Chapter 7

"I am going to be going to go back to Hogwarts. Even though it will be a dangerous thing to do." Hermione shared.

"If that is what you want to do then we will stand behind you one hundred percent." Lupin said with a smile.

Hermione went upstairs to start packing her things that she had left. She heard a knock on the door. She turned around to see Charlie standing there. She smiled at him and asked,

"How can I help you?"

"I just wanted to see if you are alright?" Charlie asked.

"I'm fine." Hermione said without a thought.

"Really?" Charlie asked with his eyebrow rose.

He knew that Hermione was lying. He could see it in her eyes. There was pain and worry in them. He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her. Hermione just stayed there in his arms. She fit there perfectly. They stayed like that in silence for a while until Hermione spoke up and said,

"I am scared Charlie. What if I am not the leader that everyone is looking for? I am not Harry."

"Hermione, are you kidding me? You are the most brilliant witch I have ever meet. You want to know something?" Charlie asked.

Hermione nodded and Charlie continued,

"Harry told me once that if it was not for you then Ron and Harry both would have been dead by now. You are going to be great. Even if you don't think so. I believe in you."

Hermione looked at him in the eyes. She could see something that she has not seen in a while, hope. He had hope and she could really tell that he believed in her. She nodded and stood up and faced him and said,

"They need a leader! Someone that they can look up to for hope. Since Harry and Ron's gone, I will be that hope."

Charlie looked at her proud. He knew that she had it in her. They walked back down to the kitchen where everyone was waiting. They all left as a group since it was not safe to go to the train station alone. Hermione apparate with Charlie. They landed on the 9 ¾ train station. Everyone was looking at them.

"What are they looking at?" Fred asked.

"Me." Hermione said looking away. "They're looking at me."

"Everyone stay safe in this new school year. Please write constantly so I know that you are all okay." Molly said giving everyone a hug.

Hermione came up to Lupin and Tonks and said,

"If you get word from Harry or Ron, will you tell me?" Hermione asked.

"Of course. You be safe and keep your head down this year." Tonks said.

"Or at least try to." Remus said with a smirk.

"The word is try. But I will not stand down." Hermione said, she knew everyone was watching her and heard her say the last bit. She walked over to Charlie and asked,

"Are you going back to Romania?"

"No, I'm staying. I'm need here," He paused. Hermione looked at him with a twinkle in her eyes. "For my family." He added the last part.

"Oh yeah. For your family. I totally understand. See at Christmas Charlie." Hermione said sadly then started to walk with Ginny onto the train.

Charlie could tell that Hermione was a little disappointed. He watched her walk away. He could not believe he did not tell her. He wanted to say to her that he was falling for her and that is why he is staying. He wants to keep her safe.

Hermione got onto the train and walked into where the Gryffindors were sitting. They all stared at her and Neville ran over to her and gave her a hug.

"Hello Neville." Hermione said with a smile.

"You're actually here? What are you doing here? Where's Ron and Harry?" He asked.

"I don't know where they are at. I hope where ever they are at they are safe." Hermione said.

They sat down at a table on the train and sat there in silence. The train started to move and half way there the doors opened up to see two Death Eaters walking through. Neville stood up and shielded Hermione.

"He's not here." Neville said bravely. The Death Eaters looked at Hermione and stepped forward. All the Gryffindors stood up and was ready to take their wands out. But Neville spoke up and said,

"You cannot take her. I wouldn't even try if I were you. You are surrounded by many of DA Army members that are not afraid to get their hands dirty."

The Death Eaters just walked by and went out the other end. Hermione smiled at all of the Gryffindors and said,

"That was really brave Neville. I'm proud of you."

The rest of the ride was quiet. No one knew what to say around Hermione. She could tell that they were feeding around the bush. Hermione sighed and stood up and said,

"Alright, before we get to school, you all need to stop treating me like I am a fragile doll. Yes, Harry and Ron left me behind on the mission but now I have made my own mission up. You tell everyone that they do not need to feed around the bush with me."

Everyone stayed quiet but a few of them nodded in agreement. Hermione sat back down and looked at Ginny and Neville. They were both smirking at her.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Nothing. I just never seen you like this." Ginny confessed.

"Yeah, well. I guess I am a totally different person since Harry and Ron left." Hermione stated.

They got off the train and Hermione walked to the carriages with the Gryffindors. She felt happy that she had so many people to support her and help her out. They got to a carriage and heard someone screamed,

"What are you doing here? I thought they banded Mudblood at this school."

They turned around to be face with,