8 | DEFENDING KHALIA

"I cannot believe I let you talk me into this." Khalia said through gritted teeth, scowling at the pregnant werewolf - who looked at the vampire with a sheepish look as they made their way through the cemetery. After Klaus left, Sophie got up and said that she was going to consecrate those witches bones. Khalia didn't stop her because she didn't care. But then Hayley got the genius idea to follow Sophie and see if she could find out something about her family and, well, Khalia did care whether Hayley lived or died, so she followed the determined werewolf. "Rebekah is going to be very pissed."

Hayley frowned, "Sorry, I didn't want to cause trouble."

"It's alright sweetheart. She'll get over it." The vampire told her, giving the werewolf the smallest of smiles and the wolf grinned as she entered the mausoleum, the vampire waiting outside for the two.

"Hey. What the hell?" The Deveraux girl asked in surprise.

"You're going out there anyway, aren't you? I wanna go with you." Hayley said adamantly and the brunette vampire smiled softly at the determination.

"No, thanks. Already got assaulted by Klaus this morning. Don't need a repeat. Besides, Khalia would kill me if there is so much as a hair out of place on your head and I like my life." The witch informed the werewolf and Khalia's smile turned into a smirked.

The immortal girl took this as her que to enter the mausoleum, "Yes, I would." She confirmed with a smirk on her face. Sophie's mood plummeted and Hayley's brightened.

"What if whatever is responsible for all those dead witches is still out there? We've already established that it likes me and hates witches, so you'll be safer with me." The pregnant girl tried to persuade the witch.

"Sorry if I'm not buying your sudden concern for my safety." The Deveraux girl said and started to make her way to the exit of the room.

"Correct me if I'm wrong," Khalia started and Sophie rolled her eyes, already knowing where the vampire was going with her words. "But your lives are linked, so by nature, Hayley has to care about your safety." Ignoring her words, the witch tries to walk around the werewolf to exit but Hayley blocks the exit - forcing Sophie to stop and listen to her.

"Khalia's right, besides, the whole reason I came to this stupid town in the first place was to learn more about my family. Your sister's the one that told me Marcel ran the werewolves out of the Quarter into the Bayou. And last night, I'm pretty sure that some guardian-angel-wolf saved my life. So, I'm coming with you." Hayley explained and just after Rebekah walks in to the mausoleum and joins the trio of girls.

The blonde rolled her eyes. "Could you two be more idiotic?" The blonde asked, rolling her eyes and then looking at her sister. "And what were you thinking?"

Khalia shrugged, not fazed by Rebekah's words, "Hayley asked me to come with her and I was thinking, 'If I said no, she'd go on her own and Klaus asked me to look after her.', so I said yes." The brunette vampire left out the apart about how she nearly melted when looking into Hayley's pleading eyes and did it because she would never forgive herself if something happened to the werewolf or the baby.

"Two can play the follow-game, you know! You heard Klaus, he and Marcel are headed right where you're going." She scolded them and grit her teeth in annoyance when Khalia started to look at her nails - an indication that she was bored of this conversation.