39 | LIKELINESS OF YOU LOVING ME

The next morning, Khalia was in the Compound’s kitchen, sitting on the counter and sipping on a blood bag. Still dressed in her pajamas and not feeling very much like getting out of them – in fact she was planning on sleeping some more after she finished, the girl simply continued to lazily feed her empty stomach, swinging her legs in a child-like manner. The female Original knew it was only a matter of time before one or both of her brother’s would come and disrupt her morning.

Khalia was proven correct when not even five minutes later, Klaus walked into the kitchen. She eyed him, “Just out of curiosity, do you and Elijah play rock-paper-scissors every morning to see who gets to come and talk me into whatever shit you’re planning to get up to for the day?”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Khalia, we’re not immature.” The Hybrid grinned; face full of amusement, but there was something off about it. His eyes were dimmer than usual, almost as if he hadn’t gotten enough sleep or had a nightmare. Khalia stored the information and promised herself that if it doesn’t get better within a week, she’d beat the truth out of him and then help him through whatever is haunting him. For now, she’d leave him be. “We draw lots.”

“Of course you do.” She snarked in a deadpan voice.

Klaus squinted at his sister, “And why aren’t you dressed?”

“Because I’m going to back to bed.” Khalia answered in a duh tone, emptying her third blood bag for that morning, letting it drop to her right side and grabbing bag number four of five that laid on her left side.

“Aren’t you coming to Father Kieran’s funeral?” Klaus frowned at his sister, at the very idea of her not coming with them, really.

“No, I barely knew him.” Khalia shook her head, pulling the blood bag open with her teeth. “Why would I?”

“Please?”

“No.”

Klaus scowled, “Don’t be so stubborn.”

“No.” Khalia still denied.

“Come on, little sister.”

“No.”

“I need someone to keep me company.”

“You’ll have Elijah.”

“There will be an open bar.” Klaus offered, much like Elijah not above using alcohol to try and bribe their sister.

“No fucking way.”

Klaus gaped for a few seconds. “When did that stop working?”

“Right around the time I stopped drinking like an alcoholic.” Khalia retorted. She never admit out loud that it is because Hayley’s due date was nearing and she didn’t want to be a bad influence for the baby, or stinking of booze every time she goes near the child. Yes, it was still a month away, but she needs to get used to not drinking so much.

“What, are you in a twelve step program now?” Klaus grumbled petulantly, frowning crossly.

Khalia rolled her eyes to the back of her head. “Oh, yes. Step one: kill annoying siblings to relieve stress.”