17 | TO AFRAID OF GETTING HURT

Apparently, the victory was just enough to last the night for Klaus Mikaelson. Which is why Khalia was dragged by her brother to their mansion early the next morning. He wanted to give their siblings a punishment for their betrayal. She was leaning against one of the couches, her two bags standing in the foyer already packed. While Klaus and Rebekah where at it again, she went upstairs to pack them. Elijah enters the living room in the middle of their argument, while Khalia watched her siblings with boredom.

“Oh, would you look at that, the noble one as returned?” You would have to have been stupid to miss the sarcasm in Khalia’s words. The man who it was directed gave his sister a slight glare.

“Elijah's home. There's only one dagger. Which one of us will you be punishing today?” The blonde female spat at her Hybrid brother. She was disappointed that the trap didn’t work.

“I contemplated a game of eenie-meenie-miney-moe. You betrayed me. My own sister!” Klaus shouted at her. He was hurt that she would even think of betraying them. He may have daggered them, but never has he conspired against them with other parties.

“If you really can’t choose, Nik, I could always give you my dagger.” Khalia suggested with a smirk to her suited brother and her blonde sister. 

“Niklaus, don't you dare!” Elijah shouted, out raged. His oldest sister crossed her arms over her chest and raised her eyebrows in an ‘or what?’ manner. He ignored her and locked his eyes on his brother’s figure.

Klaus points the dagger at his suited brother, “Perhaps it should be you, brother! Stealing my child away with every fawning moment of tenderness you show to Hayley!” A familiar anger surged through Khalia. She hissed with an uncontrolled anger at her brother, her vampire face surfacing.

“This has nothing to do with Hayley.” The suited Original said calmly to his brother.

“It has everything to do with her! She's adored you since she arrived. And now my child, my blood, will grow up to call you father!” The Hybrid shout in hurt and anger. All that was surging through Khalia was the uncontrolled anger towards her dark haired brother. He couldn’t have Hayley. She wouldn’t allow it. Hayley is hers. The possessive thoughts didn’t even register properly with the female brunette, her rage was too prominent.

“We both know that I am not the object of her affection!” He defended fiercely, if Khalia gets the wrong idea, all of Hayley’s work to getting past his sister’s walls and defenses will have been for nothing. His words calmed her down a bit, but a nagging feeling made her want to know who is the person Hayley has affections for, if it wasn’t Elijah.

“Is that what it is? You are once again worried that you will be left behind? Has history taught you nothing? We don't abandon you, Nik, you drive us away!” Rebekah shouted at him.

“What am I? Dead meat?” Khalia asked, clearly offened. No one gave an answer to her comment.

“Is that so? What have I done lately, other than cooperate? I bow down to you, brother, to make up for daggering you. For the greater good of our plan to reclaim our home. Looked the other way, sister, while you repeat the same cycle with Marcel. Falling again for a man you shouldn't be with, while he controls the empire that we built! That he took! Now, I make no excuses for past sins. But in the one moment when you two could have chosen to stand by me- to believe in me like Khalia has, to believe my intentions for my own child were pure- you chose to stand against me, to side with my enemies. I wanted our home back. Now I have it. So, I'm going to live there. And so is Khalia. And the two of you...” He gave the two a disgusted look. “-you can stay here together and rot.” He angrily shoves the dagger into Elijah's hands as he leaves the house. Rebekah and Elijah both look guilty.