35 | DOWNRIGHT TERRIFYING

"I need your help." Klaus declared only a little while after Khalia finished up with the renovation. She made sure to give the compelled humans a generous check before sending them on their merry way. Completely unharmed. The Original felt quite proud of herself - normally she would have killed them all.

Elijah left a while before she was done, having agreed for the witches to throw their party - making Khalia's mood plummet to the bottom of her boots -  and claiming that he needed to go around and personally invite all of the factions to make sure that they would show up. Khalia just said no when he asked if she wanted to accompany him. She wasn't ready to see a certain pregnant werewolf. At least, not until she figures out exactly what do since her realisation of how important Hayley is to her.

"Oh for fuck's sakes, is it tug-of-war-with-Khalia day or something? Elijah pulls me in one direction and you pull me in another." Khalia groused with an exaggerated roll of her eyes.

"A simple yes or no would suffice." Klaus deadpanned with a sarcastic smile.

Khalia shot him an annoyed look, "Where are we going?"

The Hybrid's lips briefly twitched upwards before he thought her question over for a second. "Rousseau's, then St. Anne."

"Don't tell me you started praying." Khalia quipped with a teasing smirk painted on her lips.

Klaus snorted, shook his head in denial. "Not unless hell suddenly freezed over."

The two Original's sped out of the Compound and made their way through the streets of New Orleans in companionable silence. Arriving outside the bar slash restaurant, Klaus quickly checked his reflection, a hand reaching up to run over his hair. He turned away, looking straight into Khalia's unimpressed face.

"Seriously?" She rose an eyebrow at him.

"The wind blows it around sometimes." The male Mikaelson defended.

"Yeah, okay." Khalia snorted in obvious disbelief, crossing her arms over her chest. Klaus grumbled something beneath his breath that the female Original didn't feel like figuring out as they walked up to the door of the restaurant.

Klaus opened the door and gestured for her to walk inside, "Ladies first."

"Then by all means, Nik, go ahead." Khalia's smirk turned into a snicker when he growled at her. "Down boy." She said and quickly slipped into the restuarant to avoid his heated glare.

"You are really trying my patience today." Klaus muttered loud enough for her to hear as they headed to the counter.

"What do you want?" Cami asked the Hybrid with a look of annoyance on her face.

"Nice to see you too, Camilla." Khalia snarked with a fake smile, letting her fangs grow, her voice significantly colder and sharper than it was when she teased her older brother.

"It's Camille." The human said instantly. The female Mikaelson took great pleasure in the way her voice trembled and she took a step back when she spotted Khalia's vampire teeth.

"Same thing." Khalia shrugged, eyes raking over the rows and bottles of liquor. Her eyes lit up when she spotted her favourite drink. "I'll have a bottle of Vodka."