27 | UNNERVED

The day was starting out terrible for Khalia. First Klaus had woken her up at a time that should be illegal to be up and asked her to go with him to church. What the fuck for, Nik? We're all going to hell anyways. She went back to sleep but when she got up eventually two hours later, she discovered that there was no more bloodbags. With a frustrated huff, the vampire sped of to the nearest hospital and cleared out half of their blood supply - she would have taken it all but she was half asleep and didn't have a big enough bag. Her day got even worse when she got home and discovered a familiar corpse in her home.

Half an hour later, her brother's and Marcel was standing with her around the body. Elijah crouches down to examine Papa Tunde's corpse, while Marcel, Khalia and Klaus stand beside him and watch.

"Elijah, remind me again, what century it was you got your medical examiner's license?" The Demon Mikaelson drawled with a smirk before going back to sipping on a blood back. She didn't think that her brother had any idea of what he was going.

"Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe, perhaps?" Klaus added to his sister's teasing, knowing that he was going to get a comment from her for the examples he gave.

"What exactly is it you think medical examiner's do?" The brunette girl asked, amusement on her face as she started at her Hybrid brother. He gave her an innocent smile. Elijah was not amused with his siblings teasing.

"Do either of you have a theory you'd like to share with us?" The dark haired male Mikaelson asked his two irritating siblings with a raised eyebrow.

"Actually-"

"That was a retortical question, Khalia." Elijah stopped his sister - Klaus surpressed a chuckle, knowing that she would come up with some sarcastic suggestion that would have his eyes rolling to the back of his head and frustration bubbling in his chest, leaving him with the desire to smack her head or send her to her room - neither of which was possible. Not in his lifetime of forever.

"Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel informed the Mikaelson trio. Elijah saw the look on his sister's face and he just took a deep breath, knowing that she was about to say something.

"A chicken?" Khalia asked, eyebrow raised in disbelief. "Why the fuck would you use a chicken, of all things, to send a threat?"

"What would you have used?" Marcel retorted but regretted it the second it left is mouth, remembering who he was talking to - the woman who had an answer for everything.

"Me, personally, I don't make threats. I take action. Though, it I was going to make a threat, I would have send a loved ones heart. Not a bloody chicken." Khalia shrugged, looking at Marcel with a smug smirk. He should have known.

"It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" Elijah interjected, pulling them all back to topic.

"Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the three of us as well. If he was supposed to be the prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" The blonde was clearly annoyed with not having all of the answers.

"Because they have someone even more powerful than him?" Khalia suggested, and wasn't that a terrifying thought because her being pinned against a wall with stakes in her body and unable to rip herself away, was defenitely not her idea of fun. If there was an even more powerful witch out there than Tunde? Well, Khalia was going to need a lot more booze and blood.