25 | BLACK MAGIC

It was a month after the failed Harvest attempt and not much had happened. Except for the fact that Klaus and Rebekah travelled to Mystic Falls to witness the death of one Katerina Petrova - Khalia had never cared much about her to being with so she stayed behind and happily watched over over, it was quiet in New Orleans. Almost disturbingly so. Khalia was never one complain about peace and quiet so she enjoyed it for as long as she could. Her and Hayley has also been spending some time together but the immortal girl made sure that it wasn't to much so that Hayley would begin to hope for something more between them.

"Good morning, sweetheart. Sleep well?" Khalia asked, walking into Hayley's room. A frown immediately settled on her beautiful face when she saw the tears shining in the pregnant girl's eyes. She sped next to the bed. "Hayley, what's wrong?"

"I just..." The werewolf took a steading breath, looking down at her bloated stomach. "I can't get a comfortable position to sleep in. I'm up half the night, tossing and trying to find a comfortable position but I never find it."

"Oh." Khalia said dumbly, not knowing what to do. Give her a building to infiltrate, and she could do it in the blink of an eye, but a pregnant woman? She doesn't know anything, which is why she read those books. Books. An idea crossed her mind as she remembered reading something about sleeping pillows.

"Khalia, could you please get your arse out of bed, we have a problem!" Klaus shouted as he entered the Compound and before Khalia could tell her idea to Hayley, words echoing through the Mikaelson's home. Said girl rolled her eyes.

"I have an idea, but it would have to wait for the momemt. I'll see you later, sweetheart." Khalia told Hayley with a slight smile before speeding down to where she heard Klaus' voice come from. "I've been out of bed for quite a while, brother. What is the problem this time?"

"Diego was about to show me." He pointed to the Afro haired vampire behind him. Khalia hid a smile when she saw Marcel with them - he has been looking deep into the bottle in the past month, not that she blames him. She was so much worse after Kol died. "Let's go."

The vampires sped of, following the much younger one. Thunder rumbles overhead as Diego leads Marcel, Khalia and Klaus to the Cauldron to show them what he found. There are two vampires, both desiccated, and both with the same magical symbol carved into their forehands. Their bodies lay inside a magic circle created with salt, with runes drawn inside.

"Well, that looks rather unpleasant and painful." Khalia noted with raised eyebrows. She recognised the vampires as two of Marcel's army. She frowned as she looked down at them, wondering who would have the guts to pull something like this after the failed Harvest attempt and with Klaus' reign over the city. The runes looked slightly familiar to her, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

"We came to mess with the witches, just like you said. And these two, they went missing. Found them like this, not even staked. Just dead." Diego informed the two Originals, watching as Khalia's nose wrinkled in distaste the longer she looked at the bodies.

Marcel looked at the Hybrid with a blank look, "That's two more of my guys gone. Nice job, Captain." Marcel takes one look at his dead men, puts his hood up, turns around, and starts to walk away.

"Where are you going?" The Hybrid roared, watching as his adoptive son. walks away from him. "Someone has to account for this!" If there was one rule Klaus Mikaelson lived by, it would be : an eye for an eye. If Khalia was being completely honest, she didn't think her brother cared about this army all to much. He just wanted to rule the city.