9 | A SPECIAL NECKLACE

Khalia Mikaelson was busy draining yet another person when she finally had enough of the two vampires following her. She knew it was Marcel's vampires. So, she quickly sped to both of the vampires and grabbed them, not bothered to hide her abilities in the dark club she was in. The two vampires yelped and struggled but she only tightened her grip and sped of to the Compound.

"Marcel!" The brunette yelled when she entered her former home and threw the two vampires to the floor. Said man appeared infront of her in a flash. "Why is Beavis and Butthead following me around?" The was a sweet smile on her face but Marcel knew that he would be in trouble if she didn't like what left his mouth.

"Give me a minute." Was all the much younger vampire said before he sped of to God knows where. The two vampires where still laying on the floor and with a roll of her eyes, she waved them away with her hands. They didn't hesitate to speed away.

Marcel returned a few seconds later and held out a newspaper to her. Khalia raised her eyebrows, as if to say, 'really?'. Her brother's sireling sighed in frustration, "Just read it." She let her eyes roll again before she plucked the paper out of his hands.

MASS MURDERER STRIKES NEW ORLEANS.

In the time span of two weeks, our beloved city had become a nest for a murderer. There had been several reports of people going missing and bodies drained of blood showing up everywhere, mostly in nightclubs.

According to the NOLA-PD, there has been over three hundred deaths and the number just keeps rising. When asked what they are going to about it, they answered with no comment. But they are, however, urging citizens to stay at home.

This is a truely horrifying time in our city and we hope and pray with all of our hearts that whoever is responsible for these deaths will stop. Families are being torn apart and people are losing loved ones.

The Mikaelson girl only flashed through the long article and when she was done she held out the newspaper back to Marcel. She crossed her arms over her chest. "So, what?" She asked, not caring about the article and not even fazed about it. The female only looked bored.

Marcel grit his teeth, "You need to stop this, people are getting suspicious and tourists numbers are falling. Fast." The girl had the audacity to yawn and that's when Marcel snapped. And that's also when he did the stupidest thing of his life. He grabbed Khalia by the neck and sped her against the wall. But her back had barely touched the wall before she overpowered the male and swapped their positions, her hand wrapped tightly around his throat. She glared at him, her eyes wild and murderous. In that moment, Marcel had never feared more for his life than right now.

"Listen, and listen closely," She spat, her voice dangerously low. "I don't give two fucks about the tourist or humans. To me, they're just food. So, either you deal with it, or I will kill you. And I don't care if Klaus has a problem with it, he can go fuck himself. Got it?" Marcel nodded as best he could, he couldn't talk because her grip was to tight. "Good." She said, nodding to herself.

"Oh, and if you ever put your hands on me again, I will give you a slow and painful death. Are we clear?" He nodded again and Khalia smirked. She almost let him go, almost, but then she got an even better idea. The girl turned her hand and snapped his neck. She let finally let him go and he fell to the floor with a loud 'thump' sound.

With her smirk in place, she strolled out of the Compound, vampires speeding out of her way as she passed them.

***