31 | SHE'S HURTING

Black veins and a grey-blue colour covered every inch of Khalia Mikaelson's body. A dagger was stuck in her heart and the Demon Mikaelson lied in her dagger incuded slumber. Her eyes was closed and the look on her fae, despite the veins and colouring, was peaceful. It was something that Elijah and Klaus Mikaelson had not seen on their sister's face in almost a year. The brother's stared down at their sister, knowing that they would have to pull the dagger out sometime soon.

Klaus' anger with Rebekah had somewhat simmered somewhat and he knew that she would like to bid Khalia farewell before she left. The Hybrid cast a glance at his older brother. "I think it would be best if you left for now." Elijah nodded in agreement and sped as far away from the Compound as he could.

The Hybrid took a deep breath before removing the dagger. Klaus braced himself but nothing could have prepared him for the unearthly growl  - which sounded like something demonic - that came from his sister. She shot up from her bed, wrapped her hand around Klaus' throat and sped him to the nearest wall. She moved her arm against his throat and used her limited strength to keep him pinned to the wall.

"Where is Elijah?" She demanded as Klaus struggled for breath - Klaus didn't try to get her hands of him, it would only take one move for her and his neck would be snapped. "Where. Is. Elijah?" She asked again when he didn't answer her. The blonde gestured to his throat and Khalia removed some of the pressure, but only enough for him to talk.

"Our sister is leaving the city." Klaus said and Khalia let him go, looking shell shocked and wide-eyed at her brother. Out of all the things in the world she expected to happen, this is not one of them.

"What? Why? What happened?" Khalia was monumentally confused. And so, Klaus started telling her what happened. About being struck with Papa Tunde's blade, gathering the White Oak Stake to kill Rebekah - for which Khalia did not blame him, then he told her about the show off in the cemetary and how he eventually set Rebekah free.

Klaus saw the relieved look in her eyes, relief that he didn't kill Rebekah. For all her rage and anger towards Rebekah for calling Mikael to the city and towards Elijah for daggering her, the Hybrid knew that she didn't want to lose another sibling. That didn't mean that she wouldn't be cross with Elijah for a while and give him a propper ass-kicking the second she saw him again. Klaus looked forward to it.

"A girl gets daggered for five minutes and she misses all the fun." Khalia huffed teasingly, pouting a little. Then she noticed something. In all of his explanations, Klaus never once mentioned a certain pregnant werewolf. "Where is Hayley?"

Klaus hesitated. He knew that question would come up eventually. He also knew something that Hayley didn't, that something being that whatever there was between her and his sister would be destroyed because of her decision to stay in that godforsaken swamp. "She's in the Bayou."

Khalia's face fell and it felt like someone pushed their hand in her chest and was squeezing her heart. She took a deep breath to compose herself. "What in the bloody hell is she doing there?" Khalia frowned dangerously, her voice trembling slightly. The Hybrid noticed it immediately, but didn't comment on it. He knew better.

"She wants to spend some time with her family." Klaus answered, internally wincing when he saw the look on his sister's face. It looked like someone - Hayley, if he was pointing fingers here - slapped her across the face.

"I see." Khalia nodded, her eyes turning into stone. She turned away from her brother, blinking furiously as to clear her suddenly blurry eyes. The female Mikaelson cleared her throat and took another deep breath, exhaling shakily. "So, where is our sister?"