15 | A FRACTURED FAMILY

Khalia was so mad at Hayley and Elijah, she could even speak. She just stormed on after them, a glare on her face with her arms crossed over her chest. She couldn’t think how Elijah could believe it. Even she has seen how he has changed since learning about the baby. Klaus is waiting at Dwayne's shack when Elijah, Khalia and Hayley return. Once they approach the porch, he shoves Dwayne's dead body in front of them.

“There you are! I see you've found our wandering stray. Perhaps you could shed some light on the situation. This-” The Hybrid kicks the body over. “-appears to be a hybrid.”

“This is gonna go so great.” Khalia muttered sarcastically under her breath. She picked a tree and leaned against it, but not getting comfortable. She knew they wouldn’t be there for long.

“His name was Dwayne.” The pregnant girl informed the Hybrid.

“Well, whoever it was, I didn't sire him. Any idea how that's possible?”  He asked. The honesty in his eyes was yet another clue as to why the Mikaelson female firmly believes that her Hybrid brother doesn’t know anything about the babies ability to make and sire Hybrids.

Hayley stomps toward him and the immortal girl had to use all of her control to keep her from throwing herself in front of the werewolf. “As if you didn't know!” Elijah holds Hayley back and walks in front of her to protect her from Klaus. Khalia scoffed and shook her head, Klaus glanced at her and saw that whatever Hayley and Elijah thinks, she doesn’t believe it. At least he has one sibling on his side, what makes it funny is it the one sibling he thought would be on Hayley’s side.

Klaus was clearly not amused as he spoke, “Ahhh, well, aren't you two fast friends? Oh, come on, then. What kind of horrible accusation have you conspired to levy against me?” This is going to be bad, Khalia could see it.

“Tyler Lockwood brought Hayley here to test a theory.” The Hybrid nods at him to continue and Kol’s twin wishes that she could go and play in NOLA traffic rather than be here right now, “That the blood of her child could be used to sire hybrids. He claims that you knew that. Furthermore, that you intended to use this knowledge to build an army.” Khalia scoffed once more and Klaus was more grateful that he’d ever admit that he has the most dangerous member of his family – save for himself of course – on his side.

The hurt and anger with his brother was rolling of him in waves, “And, of course, you assume it's true. I mean, why else would I show interest in my own flesh and blood? A heartbroken little crybaby points his finger at me, and my own brother falls in line, eager to believe it! How quickly you believe the worst, especially when it comes from her.”

“That’s exactly what I said.” Khalia said brightly to Klaus, even though she felt anything but.

“Oh, spare me your indignation. When have you ever demonstrated any kind of concern towards Hayley or her child, beyond your own selfish pursuits? And what was it you once said to me?”He impersonates Klaus. “Every king needs an heir!”

Khalia decided that she was going to help Klaus out. He was done fighting his battles on his own, and she was tired of being alone. She needs him, just as he needs her. She sped next to her blonde haired brother, “Klaus has stopped when you asked him not to kill Agnes. He put a master diabolical plan in motion to take down Marcel’s empire so that the city would be safe for Hayley and the baby to live in. What, pray tell, have you done? And don’t you dare give me that crap about being daggered; I won’t take it like Klaus will.” She snapped fiercely.