EPILOGUE | YOU AND ME, ONE DAY

"Nik, are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Khalia asked as she stood by the side of the car, looking back and forth between her brother and his baby. He was about to leave and give his baby to the only person in this world all of the Mikaelson's trust. Their sister, Rebekah.

He nods, face full of sadness. "Yes, I will be fine. Hayley will need you much more than I do."

Khalia frowned, "I don't prioritise one family member over another." She paused, looking at Klaus' raised eyebrow. "Well, not anymore." She amended.

"Be that as it may, you still threatened to use the White Oak on me if I tried to kill Hayley." Klaus reminded her pointedly, but there was no anger or hostility in his gaze. "And while I'm not mad at you, and I always knew that Hayley is important to you, that certainly opened my eyes to just how much you care about her."

"Okay, whatever." Khalia rolled her eyes, cheeks heating up at the reminder of her feelings towards Hayley. She looked for a way to change the topic of conversation. "See you later."

She bid him a last goodbye and went back upstairs.

Later on, a large crowd of people has gather for a candlelight vigil for the deceased community members. Elijah, Khalia and Hayley arrive to set a bouquet of flowers by Baby Mikaelson's spot on the memorial wall. All three immortals feeling equally devestated by the day's events.

Francesca watches as Hayley approaches the memorial. Khalia's murderous glower is hidden by her sunglasses. Her siblings told her to wait, because somehow the moonlight rings weaken Klaus and they need to figure out what exactly is happening before attacking.

Hayley breaks down in tears and kisses her fingertips before touching them to the plaque that announces the baby's faked death. Khalia, who has been standing behind her side-by-side her oldest brother, holds out a hand to Hayley, who finally stands up and takes it.

The female vampire sees Hayley's tear stained face, her heard clenching painfully at the sight. Hayley all but launches herself at Khalia before she wraps her arms around Khalia's slim middle, resting her head in the crook of the vampire's neck. Khalia stood, holding the newly turned Hybrid as she cried. Elijah stood, watching over his sister and Hayley, eyes sharply looking for any sign of danger.

On the other side, Francesca watches the two hugging with jealousy burning hotly through her veins. What did Hayley have that she didn't? What is it about the green-eyed brunette that made Khalia lower her defenses and let Hayley in freely, to take whatever she wants?

The Mikaelson's, plus Hayley, eventually returned to the empty Compound. It was almost deathly still in the aftermath of the fight. The mess made by Khalia, Elijah and Marcel's vampires hard been cleaned up by a few vampires that was trying to earn good grace with the Originals.

Khalia returned to her room before Hayley could start talking to her. She needed some breathing room and so did Hayley. Emotionally, they were both a big mess right now. Khalia had to see Hayley dead while Hayley did die. They needed some time to process things. So, Khalia kept away from Hayley.

Hours later, Klaus returned home and shortly after Khalia greeted him and was told that baby Mikaelson was now Hope Mikaelson, she escaped the Compound and fled. Well, it's not like she wasn't planning on returning, she and Hayley both just needed to get their heads back on right.